The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Whettestone

Whettestone Captain Captain

SEASON FINALE SPOILERS...........
    .......I MIGHT BE WRONG.....
    Andrea gets bit in the boob. They have to cut off her boob to save her life, but they cut off the wrong boob, and she dies. Then she turns and bites Michonne in the boob. And they have to cut off her boob to save her life, but they cut off the wrong boob and she dies too. And because the show is now in the mainstream, Hollywood uses it to force their Hollywood Agendas on the world, so Glen and Hershel have a gay wedding and Daryl says Sarah Palin is stupid. Then Rick starts talking to Laurie again through a Playskool See 'N Say.

And Jim from season one comes back, it turns out rednecks are immune, they just needed to drink some milk, so Daryl killed Merle for no reason. And Carol finds one of Sophia's hairclips in her bag and tries it on but can't because Carol's hair is too short so she cries a little. Then Maggie gets cornered by the Governor again and realizes she liked to be manhandled after all so they decide to "bury wood" in Woodbury.

The last scene is Rick back at Hershel's farm surrounded by the herd bodies and pouring expired milk into the open mouth of Shane's rotted skeletal corpse, hoping the milk-cure will bring Shane back, as Laurie gives him moral support on the See 'N Say but all Carl can hear from the See 'N Say is "The cow goes moo".

CUE MUSIC.....

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

There really is no need for further discussion. Saying "gay" in that context is not exactly complimentary. If you would like to keep playing, please cease from using the word "gay" in this manner.

Comments to PM.
    And that goes for everyone else as well, there is no need to prolong the matter.

3. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WTF happened to this thread? You know what? Never mind. I could sit here until the real apocalypse & never understand

Anyway... I'm not completely convinced this episode will be the end of the Governor. The end of his reign? almost certainly, but the end of his life? It just seems too easy & neat. He's pretty much been the biggest villain of the show

I could quite easily be wrong on this one, but I wouldn't be surprised to have a bit of a question mark at the end of this days events

4. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Maybe not

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's on! It's on! Yay!!!

He was NOT dropping the gun. Carl did right.

(trying not to spoil)

HO-LY SHIT!! Was not expecting that.

Aaaannnddd...extra STID footage!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is pretty cool, it's like all the ads are targeted at me.:techman:

7. Mr. Adventure

Carol, brainin' like a boss.

8. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Have to agree. The kid looked shifty.

9. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well....almost every prediction was wrong (and i'm glad about that)...but it was sobering in any case.

The comic version of Carl has arrived....

10. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there's wrong and then there is WRONG. :)

11. Mr. Adventure

Almost...

12. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, definitely not the knockdown, drag-out fight I was expecting. Still had two characters dying which I expected would die. Just didn't think they would snuff it in the same room.

It's a strange feeling. The storyline appears to be both resolved AND unresolved at the same time. Now the long wait for Season 4 begins....

13. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

I did not see that ending coming. I liked it.
    I wasn't happy to see Andrea go, certainly not as pleased as some people will no doubt be. She had good intentions - try to save everyone. Not really different than Rick, in a way, since he doesn't want to kill people. Carl, though, he's on a dark path. Probably the necessary one to survive in the post-apocalyptic world, but still....

14. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Never thought I'd feel sad over
    Andrea's death. :shrug:

15. TREK_GOD_1

I'm not doing cartwheels over it, but at least part of a certain chapter has reached a conclusion.

16. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Talking Dead said it best, it's not like there was more to that character's particular story.

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, well if good intentions were equatable to intellect Andrea could've found herself out of that position numerous times. Ultimately, she still chose to blindly trust a stranger with a walker in the closet, rather than trust the instincts of someone who saved her, cared about her, looked out for her, & probably taught her a great deal for nearly a year.

Wanting to save people's lives or keep people from dying had less to do with that decision than her wanting to have a "Normal" life again. Make no mistake, it's not just because she was trying to save people, it's also because she"Turned her back on a friend for a warm bed". That line of Michonne's may have been a bit over simplified, but at its core it is true

18. TREK_GOD_1

Agreed. In the end, she belongs in the Idiots' Hall of Shame, for her bullheaded nature and reckless desire to find something that no longer existed in that world ("regular" life). Having posted that, for a person who never enjoyed her character, the result is bittersweet, only because it took three seasons (and over a year in-series) for Andrea to learn a lesson everyone else was hipped to in season one.

19. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do we really need spoilers, now that the episode is done? To me, that calls back to Rick& Herschel & Glenn, when he shot those guys in the store. It was VERY vague to me, and I could see Carl's view.

While Andrea seems to have been "stupid" for her loyalty to Woodbury, Tyrese & his sister seem to have come to their conclusion in a timely, logical manner. I really hope for next season that they show some flashbacks, that explain his character & Walker experiences...i.e. how he was able to stay relatively grounded through all this.

I think this was a good finale...not quite like last year, but some good resolutions.

20. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I didn't expect that ending to the fighting, at all.
    The 27 did die, and not all that some of us predicted either. A real wow from the director for sure. He surprised us all.
    Now I'll be waiting for the October season 4 start. :techman: