The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the car batteries ARE dead... and the zombie affliction just jumped from humans to car batteries...

2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Andrew Lincoln in an interview says in season finale, 27 people will die.

NBC news

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well the change in direction sounds encouraging. They need more character development. As to killing people off, I don't really have a problem with it except for the fact that they aren't replacing the characters with anyone we care about. They are going to run out of characters pretty soon. :lol:

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My guess is we should say goodbye to Hershel, Beth and Judith.

Carol is safe because they just took someone from Daryl.

Glenn and Maggie will have their happiness shattered when Maggie loses the last of her family (and it set up things for Maggie's next step in the comics)

Rick and Carl as central to the story, and unless either wants to leave the show, I see them as safe too.

Michonne and Andrea will survive so Michonne can continue to be pissed at Andrea's poor judgement.

Tyreese will survive, maybe not his sister.. and they can hook him up with Michonne.

And since Morgan shows up in the finale, he may also die, getting what he asked Rick to do in Clear

6. DarthTom

Agreed. I wonder what will happen with Milton? I bet he's gone too along with the Governor of course.

7. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Twenty-seven deaths? There aren't that many characters! The majority must be "redshirts". And I'd hate to see poor little Judith killed off, nor would I like to see Beth or Hershel die. That's the point though, I suppose. There's no impact in killing off redshirts that we're not emotionally invested in....

8. DarthTom

Killing an infant on television [if they show it] would definately once again put TWD way outside of standard TV fair and is risky in terms of possibly turning people off.

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to laugh at the idea that this show is willing to dispatch "its most beloved characters." I mean, really? If they kill off Beth, Hershel and Judith it'll be Amy Mk.2 (sweet character that was never given the chance to do much, worse in Beth's case), an infant that - while shocking to lose - hasn't had a chance to really become beloved, and Hershel who genuinely fits the bill.

Merle - not beloved
    Lori - not beloved
    Prison guys - who?
    T-Dogg - who?
    Shane - HA!
    Dale - not beloved (missed potential; became Hershel)
    Sophia - sweet, but didn't get to do much
    Jacqui - who?
    Amy - see above
    Rampaging Fuckwad Wifebeater - HA!

10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd have to argue a couple of those:

Merle -- yeah, you had to hate him..but at the same time, was good for some laughs, and some needed tension amongst the group. As you've read -- people were actually sad at his death, and respected it.

Dale -- SOME people here did not like him...but i sure did, and was VERY sad when he died. He created some necessary character conflict without destroying the group or being stupid. He brought up legitimate alternative points of view, and was certainly right when it came to Shane. (He also saved Andrea's life..which again, would be debateable, depending on if you liked her character or not).

i'd also dispute the "anyone could die" theory. Until Rick dies, that isn't necessarily true. And Darryl would be the top person it owuld be very dangerous to kill off (as far as viewership; it'd have to be a big colloborative effort to make it worthwhile)

11. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think people did like T-dog, but much like many others, he suffered from little development, which apparently they have admitted to in the article above

When he says 27 people, it's obvious that it's in reference to the vast majority of Woodbury nobodies & a good amount of ones we do know, like Martinez & maybe Milton, plus possibly one or two of our longstanding principle cast

Wissaboo makes a good point about the principle cast not being able to afford much more diminishment. I'd be astounded if they had the balls to murder an infant on this show. I'd say Hershel has had a good run, & might be on the chopping block. Tyrese seems to be getting groomed for some kind of permanency, but the remaining two in his group are possible fatalities, the doofas dad almost certainly.

Losing too many of the others would be tough to work around, but it's possible

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. I can see them losing Hershel, but it would hurt the show to kill off anyone else in the prison group.

Rick -- well.

Carl represents the post-apocalypse generation and there are still too many things to explore from that aspect.

Judith: same reason, as well as the reasons stated above.

Carol and Beth: the characters are finally being developed (particularly Carol) and need more time.

Daryl and Michonne: coolness factor, plus we need to see how they develop after recent events.

Anyone at Woodbury is fair game as far as I'm concerned (with the exception of Tyreese). I wouldn't mind seeing Andrea rejoin the prison group, but it would be equally appropriate at this stage (in a narrative sense) if she died.

13. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

27 folks... Milton, a bunch of Woodbury folks, Beth, The Governor and Andrea.:shrug:

14. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope they keep both Carl and Judith alive. As Silvercrest posted, Carl is the post-apocalypse generation, but he remembers what used to be. Judith, if the show lasts and they take a couple of jumps, won't have known anything BUT this world.

I don't think they'd off Daryl because he is such a fan favorite. I hope that's true. His disappointment in Rick about trading Michonne was palpable.

And I want at least Tyrese to join the group. The group can't get too small or it's indefensible.

I'd like to see Carol use her "just the facts ma'am" ways to dispose of a future opponent. She's a "Cold Equations" type, but I don't want that to mean she has to kill Judith to save the group (a la Mash-finale).

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That's my thinking, although Hershel could be substituted in there, also.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, it will be mostly Woodbury. Only one or two of our folks will die. I have a feeling Herschel will die and Tyrese will join up-- he seems like the kind of solid and grounded type of guy who could fill that role. I just hope his sister doesn't die.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling that Andrea will survive and continue annoying us with her stupidity for the entire series. She just seems like that type of character! Someone has to take over for Lori, right? :lol:

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

19. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I predict they won't kill beth or judith but we won't see much of them either. I don't see this show becoming a show with small children. They will be off in the background somewhere together.

20. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going to guess the most the Woodbury group that invades the prison will die. There may be a trap setup for them.