The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The people in Woodbury have the time and resources to retrain to them do both.

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The question about animals is a good one. Another one is, who in hell is mowing all the grass? I understand in Woodbury the Governor probably assigns people to mowing the grass, but what about in the zombie infested areas? They look perfectly maintained, although the zombie apocalypse has been happening for a whole year (if I don't mow my yard every week, it's grown out of control!) I have noticed the prison yard seems to be actually be growing, though.

Also, who is maintaining the haircuts in this group? Daryl seems to be the only one whose hair remains unkempt, everybody else has perfect hair (albeit greasy looking). Carol's hair hasn't grown an inch since she was first introduced. Did Glenn use to be a hairstylist before everything went to shit?

3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm gonna say Carol. I can see her scumbag husband not wanting to spend the money on a haircut and making her do it. And she got good at it so she wouldn't get hit. And Daryl looks unkempt because he likes Carol and is uncomfortable with letting her cut his hair.

Of course that is just my theory.

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

he delivered pizzas

we don't know what maggie or carol did before. Maybe they cut hair. Or Lori. There was a scene with her cutting Carl's hair in the first season.

5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but as a thinking predator, canines can be balls-to-the-wall wild, but if you have ever watched some dogs fight, they actually jump around--a strategy, if you will, to avoid being hit or bit while attacking. It is an instinct of species (even if all dogs do not employ it when fighting).

A dog attack on a walker could go in the dog's favor, as they are still operating with a truly functioning brain, and are natural fighters/killers. Not all humans are born with that.

Take away whatever skills a living human may possess, and a walker is just a thing clawing until it gets something in its mouth with no tactical advantages.

6. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The Grass was pretty high at the prison. Good thing to, as it gave Hershal cover during the fire fight.

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Er, are you implying that cutting the family's hair - whether or not to save money - should be seen as a degrading activity?

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^When forced to do it by your wife-beating husband? yes.

9. Thestral

True. I read (misread) it as a generalized thing and not specific to Carol's family with the Daryl comment.

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, not at all. Just specific to Carol's scumbag husband.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dogs could also be good as an early warning system for the walkers. And this brings up another thing, whatever happened to the Horses at the Greene farm? Did they just leave them to be eaten? Personally, I would think keeping them around would be a good idea. They're a quieter and easier maintenance alternative method of transportation.
    Which leads me into another thing, the amount of time we see them driving cars. I know there are a lot of cars full of gas around, but it's going to be a limited supply if no one is actively bringing more in. I would think pretty soon they would want to start being more careful, and limit how much they drive around. Not to mention that I would think the noise of a car engine would attract Walkers.

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure they're siphoning gas and filling tanks when we're not looking. The bigger concern, though, is how long they expect that gas to be any good. After more than a year, it should be going bad.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

How long would gas be good just sitting in a tank?

14. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently the volatile part of the gas evaporates and what's left behind is only good for varnish. I'm sure the length of time will vary with how well sealed the tank is. But normal cars without any special sealing ... sitting in the Georgia sun for a year... let's just say it doesn't sound good.

Maybe they should only use diesel vehicles. How long does that last?

15. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

maybe they converted them all to biofuel and are pumping lard out of the tanks under mcdonalds.

16. Thestral

:techman: Sorry about that then.

17. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

18. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been noticing Carol's hair has grown some this season. Actually... ever since Lori died. In fact, everyone has gotten a bit scraggly this season, Rick, Daryl & definitely Hershel. Maybe Lori was cutting everyone's for the most part

Because riding around a giant, trotting, half ton meatsicle worked out so well for Rick. Cars & trucks are faster, can haul more, & offer protection from the elements & attack. So long as fuel is salvageable, or able to be improvised, it's the better option. There's barely a scene in a car that doesn't have the obligatory walker bashing into it for shock value. Given that constant issue, a car is good for saving ammo, if nothing else

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral