The Ultimate HOSHI SATO appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mach5, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Aviva

Aviva Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

True but surely you'd see the conflict in his face; you'd see the way he looked at her, spoke to her, etc and understand that he wants to but can't. You'd get the impression that his character was conflicted. But you don't see that because, as I said, I just don't think he fancies her. I don't think she fancies him either. There's no vibe either way on either part. It's just us trying to pair them off. Remember the guy she sleeps with on Risa? That's obviously her type.

Reed seems to be a bit of an immature kind of man from the perspective of personal relationships, unlike Trip who genuinely falls in love with T'Pol. I think Reed probably just lives in a fantasy world, that's why it would have been interesting to see him actually meet someone, so he could mature romantically. But he doesn't get the chance.

As for being gay, bisexual or ambigous, you can certainly read that into him. He really comes alive when he has that fight with Major Hayes. Certainly no female makes him react that passionately!

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I just 'ship for Hoshi and Malcolm because the scenes we did see them in had a nice chemistry, IMO. There was a training session with hand weapons, the mess hall scene in Silent Enemy, and when Hayes prepares to lead the MACOs in rescuing her in Zero Hour, Reed wants to go along because Hoshi is his friend. Clearly, he does care about her.

3. Aviva

Aviva Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh yes, agreed; they all really care for each other. They're a family.

4. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

Guess I am a fan of a Hoshi/Reed elationship. the characters seemed to fit together. both coming from a reserved culture but quiet but with something beneith the surface.

Theirs woulld have been a quiet long time advance into a relationship. but once they became a couple they would be inseperable.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  5. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

They should have had a one shot hoshi/t'pol fling.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

^ Hoshi and T'Pol should have been those mandatory trademark MU lesbians in IAMD, if you ask me.

But Hoshi/T'Pol never developing a true close friendship in the prime universe was a huge disappointment After all they shared that mind meld and Hoshi saw private TnT stuff. The writers could have made something out of it, but noooo...

7. Penguin

Penguin Commander Red Shirt

Last damned thing I would want to see would be a Hoshi/T-Pol Lesbian fling.

Personally in my opinion the suugeestion is offensive and disgusting.

I believe the two characters should be treated with dignity and respect. suggestions of Slash for shock effect doesn't cut it.

I would feel the same at a suggestion of a homosexual relationship or fling between two of the male characters in the series.

This not a flame just a personal opinion post.

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Look what I came across!

[​IMG]

[Shout out to my man Yanks from boards.startrek.com !]

Yanks likes this.
  9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Sudden outburst of Hoshi appreciation made me wanna bump this thing. Lets hear it for Hoshi Sato, ladies and gentleman!

Some pics of Linda Park looking yummy... :drool:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And a little offtopic bonus - Grace Park! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  10. Mirror_Barclay

Mirror_Barclay Commander Red Shirt

Agreed. There was a time or two I thought the show was going to develop something along those lines, but they never followed up. Too bad - I think it could have been fun, and helped us learn more about both characters.

11. RegFan

RegFan Commodore Commodore

I can see how a Hoshi/Reed romance could work. They're just too shy to reveal their possible feelings to each other quickly. That would also give both characters some screen time.

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Back in the day, I too thought Reed / Hoshi romance could have worked, but after re-watching "Proving Ground," I totally saw Talas as the perfect woman for Malcolm. The two definitely had the spark.

13. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well it makes me feel good that my random injecting of Hoshi into the other thread has lead to a revival of Hoshi-interest :lol:

You know it's funny, with all this talk about pairing characters together, it seemed to me as if Travis and Hoshi was something that was always on the back burner but never delivered. For example, when she gets kidnapped by that telepathic alien, the first person she thinks about is Travis. Oh wells, I guess we will never know

14. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not a huge fan of this show, but Linda is incredibly hot! Arguably the most beautiful woman to have a regular role in a Star Trek show, in my opinion. Call me shallow, but seeing her dressed as an alien in Civilization was my second favourite moment of the show (the first being Andreas Katsulas showing up in Cogenitor, for somewhat different reasons). The first episode I saw was Fight or Flight, which left me hopeful she might have an important role, but that didn't seem to happen.

15. kitamurafan

kitamurafan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Glad to have found this thread. Hoshi was one of my favs and I was disappointed she was so underused. I read the ENT novel "Rosetta" simply because Hoshi was the main character but the book wasn't that good. As for pairings I think Archer and Hoshi should have gotten together. It hinted that there was a sort of friendship there. Even if Archer would have developed feelings for T'Pol he would never hurt Trip. So I think an Archer/Hoshi pair would have been good. Start off as friend/mentor then move it along. Just my humble opinion.

16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Dude, I respect your opinion, but... Ewwwwwww (the age difference... Ew)... Ok, they hooked up in the MU, but hey, MU Archer was a scumbag, and MU Hoshi was, well. a slut :D

NHF

And if he had developed feelings for Trip, he wouldn't have acted on them and hurt T'Pol...

You can't deny it, guys... Archer was always a tad gay for Trip. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

17. Yug

Yug Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always thought it to be the other way around. Trip died for his "Cap".

18. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Bogart was 25 years older than Bacall, and they were the loves of each other's lives. Love knows no age limits. :)

I think Hoshi and Archer had some great scenes together -- "Broken Bow," "Zero Hour," and that great opening scene in "Babel One" when she's teaching him to insult like a Tellarite.

I don't think Archer would have considered it proper to get involved with a member of his crew. But under other circumstances, I think they would make a sweet couple.

19. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

And J. Howard Marshall II was 62 years older than Anna Nicole Smith, I fail to see your point...

Age ain't nothing but a number, throwing down ain't nothing but a thing,
    This something I have for you it'll never change

Ring a bell?

I agree, Archer and Hoshi had a great, very warm father/daughter thing going on.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Hell with Hoshi/Reed or Hoshi/Archer, I'm a Hoshi/Skywalker 'shipper. :lol:

I really wish Hoshi had gotten more attention, but that complaint goes hand-in-hand with the lack of attention paid towards Reed and (especially) Travis, too.