Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Captain Tracy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Oct 14, 2004
    I think my greatest moment in TOS just happened -- all 3 seasons in bluray on deepdiscount for about eighty bucks! That's tons cheaper than buying it USED on Amazon.

Actually, my faves are SpockMcCoy in jail in BREAD&CIRCUSES, Kirk in both OTT and subtle moments (risk is our business and 'go to your quarters or I'll pick you up and carry there") and pretty much all of THE EMPATH. Then there's the aformentioned BoT finale and 'gentlemen, I suggest you beam me aboard' from DOOMSDAY.

Geez, I could go on forever!
  2. Mister Atoz

Mister Atoz Lieutenant Red Shirt

Dec 30, 2012
    Los Angeles
    My favorite moment -- right off the top of my Trek-saturated head -- is the "I don't recognize your authority to relieve me!" moment when Spock relieves Commodore Decker of command of the Enterprise in Doomsday Machine.

A very close second: in Journey to Babel, Kirk takes command from Spock after he has been stabbed in the lung -- and orders Spock to report to sickbay to give the blood transfusion!

~ Mr Atoz, the genuine replica.
  3. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dec 29, 2012
    You know you've seen too much Trek when you can hear every damn note of the music being played when I read your guys favorite lines....

"I don't recognize your authority to relieve me!" bumbumbumbumbumbummmmmm.....

I'm not gonna wade through this whole thread, I'll just grab a great one at random.

"Anytime you can bluff me doctor!!"

By the way what IS the name of that trope where you solve the problem by way of word association? Just word association? another example would be "An-tee-bodies!"

Edit: The only thing about Journey to Babel that bothered me was the implication that Scotty couldn't handle command in that situation.
  4. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mar 15, 2011
    Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Can't argue that one.

Personal favorite moment: when Romulan Commander whispers name to Spock and he remarks how beautiful, rare.

I ignore canon as to what her name really is. :)
  5. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Apr 2, 2007
    Rottinghaus Manor
    All these moments previous are wonderful to relive seeing them as a child and as an adult! Thank you OP!

In Amok Time, when Kirk is handed the ahn-woon and looks at it for a second then shrugs because he has no idea how to wield it is really cool!
  6. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

Apr 27, 2005
    Leonard Nimoy gives himself the credit for thinking of saying that word - in I Am Spock among other places - in response to Harve Bennett's late suggestion of a mind-meld with McCoy just before his death scene. Has anyone ever asked him whether he came up with "Remember" specifically as a way to refer back to the "Forget" scene filmed 13 years earlier?