The Shadow (1994)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 2takesfrakes, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

"And such a clever neckline." :lol:

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect that knowing Ian McKellan's character a little better might've made us care a little more about his being used and having his mind fiddled with ... almost to the point of his getting Alzheimer's! As important as his actions were and invention was ... it was difficult to develop any real caring about him.

3. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

HA!!! What a fascinating woman!

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The movie came out 20 years ago today and in the next day or so, I plan to re-watch it. I have it on Blu-ray but I've yet to watch it that way.

I've noticed that the "empty" lot doesn't seem big enough to accommodate the building.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I got the blu-ray as well and thought the movie looked fantastic. And the story is just as fun and witty as ever too.

Kind of a shame the Shadow himself isn't in the movie a bit more though, because the character looked absolutely badass every time he was on screen.

Actually I was looking through a list of 1994 movies and there were a whole bunch of really good ones that year: Pulp Fiction, Speed, The Professional, True Lies, Ed Wood, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Lion King, Interview with the Vampire, Maverick.....

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Your post made me want to check out Speed again. Fun movie, but it's starting to look dated. Can't believe it's been 20 years. I was also surprised at how young Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock looked.

Saw The Shadow after that.

At one point, Dr. Tam's wife says... "I think they made up The Shadow so people would listen to the radio more."

:rommie:

I never noticed that in-joke before.

7. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

Ya, look up star wars prequels. Chalk full of racial stereotypes. Jewish, Asian, Pidgin english, etc.

However, big fan of the Shadow.