The Post-TMP/Pre-TWOK/Phase II era

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Ralphis, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

Greetings. I really need to post more. I lurk all the time, just don't post much.

Anyway, I've grown very interested in what happened between TMP and TWOK. I know this era has only really been explored in the novels, so I'm looking for stuff to dive into. I did find this thread (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=187561) which probably provides some good suggestions, but I was wondering if this anything else I should consider beyond what was mentioned there since the thread is over a year old.

Any help would be appreciated.

(please forgive any spelling or grammar errors. I'm writing this on my not-so-smart phone at one in the morning because I can't sleep.)

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not mentioned in the other thread are Marshak and Culbreath's Triangle and The Prometheus Design, both set post-TMP and featuring many of that movie (and it's novelization's) concepts which were forgotten when Wrath of Khan came along - like beaming clothes onto someone after a shower and groupminded New Humans.

Just be prepared for some of the least subtle K/S undertones this side of Killing Time.

3. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

Alright. Thanks.

4. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    You can't go wrong with Christopher L. Bennett's Ex Machina and Department of Temporal Investigations: Forgotten History, both of which take place in this era.

5. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

I actually did read Ex Machina a few years ago. My brain doesn't have many gigabytes so I don't remember it that well, but I think I liked it. I remember that not only was it a sequel to TMP, but also the TOS episode "The World is hollow and I have touched the sky", or whatever it was called. But thanks for bringing it up. I'll have to revisit it.

6. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Right now I'm reading #66 From The Depths which, while it is not post-TMP, it is definitely from the time period just before TMP (in between The Counter-Clock Incident and TMP), since the Enterprise is undergoing major upgrades at Starbase 23, and the crew seems to be acting more like the movie era crew rather than the tv series era crew.