The Plan - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 14, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

14.4%
  2. Above Average

35.9%
  3. Average

31.4%
  4. Below Average

13.7%
  5. Poor

4.6%
  1. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well they are some sort of "wetware" biological beings. They could interface with technology through some means...altho on the Cylon basestars they would put their hands into a water like substance (which I could buy, we today certainly don't have a full understanding of the human genome..even if we know what it is).
    The only thing I saw that didnt make any sense was when Athena jacked into the Galactica's computer. There is no interface for that...as even Cylon skinjobs were almost identical to humans. (Of course writing over technological tech tech in BSG)

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was under the impression that the Kobolians created cylons who eventually banded together to become the 13th tribe. I never got the sense that they were just another group of humans on Kobol.

3. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

They bred, they were completely biological, they're sexually compatible with humans, they developed resurrection technology on their own at the end of their civilization, and they were wiped out by their own (robotic) Cylons.

I don't see how they could be robots in any way, shape or form other than the fact that they created resurrection technology and were able to create clones with unique personalities.

Somewhere in history, "Cylon" came to mean something different. Perhaps "Cylon" was originally a tribal name, like Capricans or Librans.

4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Put me down on the side of being a bit confused by the exact specifications of humanoid Cylons.

They didn't require air, food or sleep...but had glowing orgasmic spines and apparently once they "knew" they were Cylons, super strength (Tory pushing Cally around)!

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm not disputing what the humanoid cylons are biologically, I'm just saying that I thought they were creations, not other humans/kobolians who just decided to call themselves "cylons".

6. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She still stuck wires into her arm and could communicate with Cylon Raiders and download her consciousness into another body, she was stronger than normal humans, there were many copies of her and her spine glowed. So I do distinguish her apart from Humans. Also what happened to Boomers other personality after this is never shown. I think explaining how she was a sleeper agent is not much of an explaination, at least for a machine that can do so much more. Hypnotherapy won't make you do what you don't want to do.

When the Galactica fleet were blowing up the Hub and resurrection ship they didn't play upbeat music. So I still hold the view that for such a event be done a bit more tastefully.

If there is nothing new to learn then I find it rather pointless. It adds nothing to the series that we didn't already know. In fact it detracts from it because it goes too far to show everything that happened off screen. You can call that 'the cylon perspective' but what of it did we not know already. This was just filler. I would say I liked some parts, such as Cavil talking about the suicide vest being more of a homicide vest and the bits with him and the kid showing how truly bad he is.

7. vampgrrl

So don't buy it on Tuesday.

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The nearest black hole to our earth is 1600 light years away (which may still have been functioning 150,000 years ago). Galactica made a single jump from the Colony to Earth.

Unless it was carried their with help from you-know-who...

9. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

???

10. Saul

Wow, great comeback.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually Galactica had had it's FTL drive upgraded by Cylon tech at that time.

12. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

All of that was negated to nonsense or drug-induced barminess due to the fact that it was apparently impossible to distinguish them from humans. And if someone could plug into a computer cable by shoving it into a vein, there had to be some kind of hint that something was off since, you know, a human can't friggin' do that. Ditto for the spine. There's a reason that crap was only mentioned once and them completely ignored (yes, ignored). Likewise a friggin' robot with all of those features would not be sexually compatible with a normal human. Apes are more closely related to that but you don't see human-apes walking around. Well, not unless you hang around with rednecks or something, but that's debatable.

The consciousness download and cloning were all independent technologies not even developed (or capable of being developed by, apparently) the Cylons. Including the skinjobs. It's also a technology that comes up quite a bit in sci-fi, so it hardly had to be limited to a robot.

And sorry, but if you have the technology to not only download and transfer your consciousness from one body to another, as well as creating brand new consciousnesses from scratch, you also have the technology to alter those consciousnesses to your whim.

13. vampgrrl

Why would I need to make a comeback..you've made up your mind you don't like it and I've explained why I disagreed.

14. vampgrrl

Funny thing is I read later than RDM said that red spine glowing stuff was retarded and he regretted using it since it only detracted from the story.

15. The Evil Dead

Cavil says this to Boomer in The Plan when she talks about being underwater.

16. spocksbrain

spocksbrain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, what Cavil says, "You shouldn't need air," which is different from "You don't need air." He is pointing out that, as machines, they should not have this particular human weakness in an ideal universe. Or, in other words, he is noting, with disgust, that he is stuck in a human-like body for no reason he can understand.

17. The Evil Dead

Oh my mistake.

18. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

I am sure Bear will write a blog entry after The Plan hits stores with a blow by blow of the score, and I'm sure he'll explain his rationale here.

19. Saul

Where was this negated to nonsense or drug induced barminess? It was seen on screen by other characters.

Lets not forgot that they can control ships by placing their hands in water. Shall we ignore that too?

Tell that to people trying to make robot sex dolls.

The Cylons who were already testing the creation of Human looking cylons with the hybirds when the final five found them.

In this series it was. We aren't bringing other sci-fi into it.

Yes surely they could come up with something more technologically advanced than a friggin toy horse. Unless you are hanging around with rednecks, who might beat you over the head with the first thing they see rather than using a gun.

So what has telling me not to buy it got to do with it? If you don't like my opinion then as you might say, don't read it.

20. vedek

vedek Commander Red Shirt

Yawwwwnnn....saw it. All it seemed to me to be is a recap of the entire series. I voted Average, although my finger was on below average. I think I am DONE with the new Galactica. Bring on Caprica and lets see what it can do.