Poll The "How awesome is Sofia Boutella"-thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by { Emilia }, Jul 17, 2016.

?

Sofia Boutella?

1. Yes.

32.7%
  2. Yes!!

55.8%
  3. She makes me wanna dance like a fool!

15.4%
  4. Why can't she be captain?

21.2%
  5. Why can't she be first officer?

7.7%
  6. I look like Simon Pegg when I do sports.

23.1%
  7. Star Trek needs more women.

44.2%
  8. I really, really like to vote in polls.

32.7%
  9. She jumps higher than Donald Trump.

17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I asked him to clarify, he said he meant that he felt she was under used. He really enjoyed her character in the last 2 movies, and he wanted to see more development from her in this one.

2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

Jaylah is really badass & cute. I would like to see her in Star Trek XIV.

3. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, so.

So.

I am not a Shipper of Characters. (Says someone who is about to become a Shipper of Characters.)

But... Jaylah and Kirk. Mmmmaaayyybee?

I mean, just thinking over things: Carol Marcus of the Kelvinverse is a pulchritudinous person who really does a whole lot of nothing in Kirk's encounter with her. Jaylah is someone who saves his life* and directly helps to save both him and his crew. So... supposing that difference were to tell in the balance. Could we have Jaylah and Kirk sitting in a proverbial family tree?

(* After dropping him headfirst onto some rocks, but you know, ROMANCE)

I'm put in mind of this by wondering about what Spock and Uhura's kid will be like and how awesome they will be, and then thinking about how awesome the offspring of persons like Chris Pine and Sofia Boutella might be, and then how much even more awesome the offspring of persons like Kirk and Jaylah might be and...

... and that's it. I'm new to this. I am newbie Shipper of Characters. Be gentle. Ish.

{ Emilia } likes this.
  4. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hate, hate, hate the fact that we won't see more Chekov. I feel so bad about what happened to Anton Yelchin. I hope they don't ever try to recast Chekov, out of respect to Anton Yelchin. And I don't know how to say this without it coming out wrong, but if/when the next Star Trek film starts shooting, there will obviously be a void. When it comes to a way to fill the absence Chekov's character leaves for that film, the perfect character to help fill that void would be Jaylah. We've already been introduced to her, she is implied to considering joining starfleet, and it was done in a way where we can almost expect her in the next film already. Plus, it gives us another woman to join the crew.

DaddlerTheDalek and { Emilia } like this.
  5. BigJake

They're not going to recast Chekov. Far as I know that's official.

I kind of hope they use Jaylah for that spot and I kind of don't. Yes because Sofia Boutella rocks, no because it smacks of small universe syndrome and there's a big Starfleet and a big galaxy out there and I also have mixed feelings about seeing the wonderfully roguish Jaylah "tamed" into a Starfleet uniform, I'd almost rather she washes out of the Academy and becomes a delightfully roguish smuggler.

6. TheSubCommander

I think it would be more interesting, at least it is to me, to see Jaylah be a Starfleet officer, and struggle a bit. Even Kirk sort of gave her permission to "break the rules." Also if Worf, Be'lana and Kira can put their warrior ways aside to be starfleet officers, so can Jaylah.

7. BigJake

Well, I'm not boycotting any films if Jaylah turns up in them, of course. I just really like her as free-spirited, independent Jaylah.

8. TheSubCommander

Hey, this is the NuStarfleet! Free Spirts are allowed! :)

Zonker and { Emilia } like this.
  9. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    One of the many things I hated about TNG was the suppression of Ensign Ro Laren by the crew. She was a rebel and a free spirit, yet Picard's self-righteousness put her in a box. On the other hand, Worf was sort of a *ahem* kiss-ass who quickly fit into Picard's box (and would have his ass handed to him frequently....save for the time when the Jem'Hadar were fighting him one on one continuously to train themselves).

Jaylah comes off as a much stronger willed (and resilient)individual.Too, Pine/Kirk, at this point, goes by the book...but still gives his crew breathing room to be themselves since, as aforementioned, he doesn't always go by the rules himself.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I just made the connection that Boutella is the same actress who is playing The Mummy in the upcoming remake. Suddenly, I have even more interest in seeing that movie . ...

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  11. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jaylah's face when she reads this thread

[​IMG]

12. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think I injured myself just watchig this. Wow.

Zonker likes this.
  13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can you imagine if Sofia Boutella and Faran Tahir met and started talking about their Trek BBS threads?
    Tahir: "Mine's longer."
    Boutella: "But mine still exists."