Spoilers The Flash - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Right, but the whole point of Impulse isn't that he's a younger speedster, it's that he's ostensibly Bart Allan, decedent of Barry & Iris from the future.
    Wally West/Kid Flash is an entirely different character. He's also Iris's nephew not brother...but close enough.

2. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Yes, I'm aware - but they are already mix-matching backgrounds in the series anyway so borrowing Impulse's name for Wally, who shares Bart's impulsiveness, wouldn't be a stretch too far.

I don't see them defining the future to that extent given they glossed over Thawne's beef with Barry.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

But why waste that reference when they've already established Kid Flash? That it's a little stupid and humulitaing is kind of the point. He's a rookie.

That makes no sense whatsoever. We've seen several possible futures, both on Legends and in the glimpses from Thawn's storyline.
    Just because a character from the future shows up doesn't mean they're locking in to that particular version. The future can and has changed. We've seen that. Hell, who's to say they can't do an episode where Bart shows up to fix something in the past a la Flashpoint 2.0, does it and manages to wipe himself out of existence by the end, leaving nobody the wiser?

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I had a thought -- what if Savitar turns out to be Bart instead of future Barry?

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Problem.

Bart's mother is a Thawne.

He's going to exist as a traveller in the past, until someone mentions that Eddie is dead.

"POOF!"

Then they gotta save Eddie, to save Thawne, to save Bart.

6. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can picture it now. We see this new speedster come out of a vortex, zoom into star labs, take off his mask and look at Barry and Iris and go "hi mom, hi dad", and fade to black. That would be a great intro to an episode.

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Consider, though, which Earth these two came from. We might yet see the heroic versions of these characters from Earth-1´, -3. -38, or a new one.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, the Earth-2 version of Doctor Light was Linda Park, and her Earth-1 version is just a sportswriter. Although I suppose there's no reason Earth-1's Doctor Light couldn't be Kimiyo Hoshi.

9. Romulan_spy

I am hoping the season finale will feature a "flash family" team up with the Flash, Jay Garrick, Kid Flash and Jesse Quick coming together in an epic take down of Savatar.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure that some day Max Mercury will show up.

Ovation likes this.
  11. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Yup, max mercury, impulse and johnny make another 3....

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know people keep complaining about all of the Speedsters in the show, but isn't that pretty much how it is in the comics too? Granted the comics spread them over a more time, but that would just be a case of the show streamlining the timeline.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Let's not limit ourselves.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Also add the Tornado Twins and Lady Flash...

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lady Flash? Would like to see more female speedsters. Hell I really want to see Jesse again.

16. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

If they do that, they should also throw in a reaction shot of Diggle watching that happening :D

Romulan_spy likes this.
  17. Romulan_spy

And Diggle would say, "I bet this is what taking drugs looks like."

Lior .B. likes this.
  18. Romulan_spy

19. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Borrowing Problems From The Future Trailer:

Romulan_spy likes this.
  20. Romulan_spy

Great trailer. I am so glad that Barry tells Iris about her future death because keeping big secrets from the people you love trope got really old in season 1. Also, Barry is in a serious relationship with Iris now so it would have been very wrong for him to keep that information from her, especially since it directly concerns her.