"The Face of the Enemy" Discussion SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by David cgc, Dec 12, 2008.

1. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

The newest Webisode can currently be seen on the BSG front page.

Older ones and versions with a commentary track can be found here.

International viewers, somebody will probably post a copy to YouTube sooner or later.

So, here we are, after all these months, getting our first glimpse of a post-Earth fleet. I'm guessing this is taking place in the middle of one of the first couple new episodes. There are several obvious questions, though, like why the Fleet's loitering around some nebula instead of loitering around Earth, why Tigh's at work like nothing happened, what the two eights' business is on the Fleet, and exactly how Hoshi is hooking up his boyfriend with opiates.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I need to rewatch Season 4. I completely forgot Gaeta lost his leg.

3. Idoliside

Idoliside Commander Red Shirt

Is this up on youtube yet? Anyone got a link for us non americans.

4. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

I'm totally confused as to when/where this takes place. 9 days after the discovery of earth, minus "3 days earlier" is 6 days after the end of the last episode, right?

Gatea was already back at work, so he's coming back to work again?

. . . and it looks like the Cylons lead by Cavil have found the fleet? and Earth too?????

5. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This really does open up some questions, doesn't it? I was also sort of surprised and wondering when exactly this was taking place. It seemed to me like quite a bit of time (at least a few weeks) must have passed after the fleet finding Earth.

Another thing I've noticed for sure: This is not the way to watch nuBSG, really, is it? Those bits are really too small to be really effective.
    Still, I'm curious as to the story. I also think this might be a bit more powerful than the first webisodes we got back before S3 aired.

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

It was a decent start I guess. I too was confused about the time, but then again so much time with no BSG has past that I forgot some of the minor details, like Gaeta coming back to work or stuff like that. I knew he got his leg blown off in episode 5 or 6 though.

7. EnsignYoshi

EnsignYoshi Commander Red Shirt

grmbl, can't watch it. Being in europe...

8. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad to know I'm not the only one who felt a little lost there regarding where in the time line this was.

I had expected it to be at least in orbit of Earth...

Sharr

9. Very interesting. The timeline i think is deliberatly vague. One wonders what's gonna happen in the premiere.

10. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

I think Anders shot him aboard the Demetrius.

11. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

12. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why not, they engage in sex and other human habits...
    Maybe they're just curious and want to fit in?
    Scifi fans love to over think stuff and turn mole hills into mountains.

Sharr

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Good start so far.

14. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, they spent some money on these. :techman:

These are a much bigger production than the New Caprica webisodes leading into season three, including gratuitous and unecessary special effects shots. Nicely done.

** waits for people to freak out over the gay stuff **

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a solid start.

16. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm sure once "Sometimes A Great Notion" airs, we'll be able to nail this one down precisely, but it seems that the Fleet is still being harassed by the mainline Cylons. My guess is that they either left Earth to make it harder for Cavil's faction to find it, or they were driven away once Cavil's faction found it. Tigh being on duty, and no one finding it odd, points to it being some time after the preview scene from last week between him and Adama.

I forgot to mention, it appears that we finally know who the Ring Ship is. I'd been hoping if we saw the Zephyr it'd have a cool design, because it's such a sweet name (it's got a "z" a "ph" and a "y" in it!) and there's nobody cooler in the Fleet than the Ring Ship.

On the subject of the production values, the lighting on Galactica and in the Fleet seemed a lot softer and friendlier than it has been in a while. Possibly ever. I wonder if that's part of a larger post-Earth shift in tone, if it's to offset the atmosphere in the raptor, or if the cinematographer was just in a good mood that day.

17. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Always knew Gaeta was gay. Too bad it wasn't Anders or Apollo though. Or Anders AND Apollo. Those two together would be hot.

18. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Im kinda surprised they went and made Gaeta gay after all... I mean it was a rumour for so long it kinda takes the surpise factor out. Wait... I just said I was surpised... nevermind.

19. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An enjoyable start. I look forward to seeing where they take it.

Nice to finally see confirmation that Gaeta is gay after all these years.

20. Idoliside

Idoliside Commander Red Shirt