The Doctor's Name?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Emperor Norton, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

I forgot this plot element, but I have been rewatching the series lately. Did the Doctor ever get a name? Whether in canon or even beyond canon? Is there anything even close to an official name for the character?

2. marsh8472

marsh8472 Lieutenant Red Shirt

The name he picked for himself in the alternate timeline in the final episode was Joe

3. Shawnster

Shawnster Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He chose the name Schweitzer in the Season 1 episode "Heroes and Demons." He gave the name up at the end of the episode because "The last time I heard that name spoken was a painful one. I don't think I want to be reminded."

I just rewatched the episode last week.

4. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

I know in promotional materials, he was named Zimmerman.

5. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the "Before and After" alternate timeline, he was Dr. Van Gogh. In his holodeck family program he was Kenneth to his holographic family. To the Vidian woman, Dr. Denara Pel, she called him Schmullis (not sure about spelling). But in the prime timeline, I don't think he ever took a name.

6. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

The original plan was for him to name himself after his creator, Lewis Zimmerman. He's even called that in early Voyager novels and trailers.

7. φ of π

φ of π Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When he had his pretend holo-family, he was called Emmet. Or possibly EmMeHt.