The Dirty Dozen

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Data Holmes, Mar 30, 2013.

?

Have you seen it?

1. Male, yes.

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Male, no.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Female, yes.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Female, no.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

A must watch every time its on and own the DVD. Love it back to back with The Great Escape.

2. Foxhot

Foxhot Commodore Commodore

Like PSYCHO, THE DIRTY DOZEN's M.P.A.A. rating was fairly recently switched from ''Unrated'' to ''R.'' Most unrated 60s films are usually no stronger than PG-13 and more often less so. Since there's no actual nudity and no harsh language, I doubt PSYCHO deserves this rating. DOZEN might not either...

........although there IS that sudden head-shot in which Private Vladek gets it. That's the goriest moment.

Nobody did two-and-a-half-hour star-studded thrillers like Robert Aldrich. See THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (1965) and TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING (1977) for further proof.

3. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I saw Flight of the Phoenix once when I was a kid. It wasn't bad from what I recall of it.

4. Foxhot

Foxhot Commodore Commodore

The only strange thing for that film was having Ian Bannen nominated that year for Best Supporting Actor. It wasn't a bad performance, but he was essentially one out of 12 talking heads in the film and I can't recall any standout moments or Oscar-bait acting tactics from him.....

I came across a book which had hundreds of specific cemetery locations for famous and not so famous actors, including Lee Marvin, who died in 1987. The book gave the exact letter-numeric code spot for Marvin's grave.....probably since he's in Arlington Cemetery, which is immense. He lies just a few feet away from Joe Louis, Alvin York and Audie Murphy. Most of their tombstones are a lot smaller than you might expect.

Charles Durning was a new addition to Arlington as of December....