The Best PS3 Exclusive Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Light, Nov 29, 2013.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I liked Into the Nexus, but it was too short.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ok, I've played up to Ch. 6 of Uncharted and the bad guys are starting to get annoying when there's so damn many of them. I'm constantly almost running out of ammo. So I'm glad to hear it'll be easier in the next two games.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You get used to it after a while and you try to go for headshots only. Plus you get better at picking which weapons to use based on enemies and situations you're in.

The first time I played Uncharted, I thought Normal was actually pretty hard. Well eventually I managed to beat it on Hard and Crushing (highest difficulty).

But yeah, U1 is definitely the hardest of the three games.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm halfway through Uncharted 1 and I'm enjoying it. I've gotten used to the combat though I am looking forward to getting to the next game which is supposed to be easier.

I'm surprised that the story is one single running level, though. I expected more Indiana Jones style globe hopping where each level is a different location. It does make the setting a little repetitive.

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

The second game is where the globe-hopping really starts. And man, what a ride it is!

6. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Yep...
    The inca/maya part in the mountains is great...

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OK, I finished the first Uncharted...

...except for the final quicktime sequence of the game. After dying 20 times in a row I finally gave up in frustration and watched the clip online. That was ridiculously difficult. As was the final stages of the game when the monsters show up. Which was just such a bizarre left-field twist because up till then the game had no suggestions of paranormal aspects. So to spend 18/22nds of a game in the "real" world and to suddenly have zombie monsters... that was weird... :wtf:

Onto Uncharted 2! :cool:

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not just zombie monsters. NAZI zombie monsters! :lol:

I loved it. It was really difficult at the end, especially with all the monsters coming at you, but I managed to beat it eventually.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ The trick, for me personally, when dealing with the zombies was to run and gun... and aim from the hip. That made the zombie sections easy even on Crushing.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I eventually figured out I didn't need to aim to shoot, which I hadn't done for the entire game up to that point.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2 were by far my favorite games of the 7th generation.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm halfway through Uncharted 2 and I love it! It is lightyears better than the first game!!! Even better it has a ridiculously easy difficulty setting for me to play on! But it's an incredibly well put together game full of fun and shocking big movie bits. Every five minutes something really cool and surprising happens!

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, Uncharted 2 is fantastic, easily one of my favorite games of all time.

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed.

15. Owain Taggart

Yep, welcome to gaming Nirvana :) I feel it's quite an immersive game that really makes you feel like you're in a movie. And the soundtrack! The soundtrack has to be one of my all-time favourite game soundtracks. It's got that sweeping epic feel.

16. Aragorn

Yeah, the scene where Drake runs across Ratchet and Clank seemed really odd at first, but in the context of the plot twist it makes perfect sense. :p

Are you really playing the game on super easy mode? That might take away from some of the fun of it.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I am playing on super easy, which is just the way I like it :lol: I play games to have fun not to scream in frustration

18. Aragorn

The normal default difficulty setting on Uncharted seems to be a decent challenge level.

Has a bad guy even killed you once on super easy?

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

No, but I've fallen to my death several times! :)

20. Owain Taggart

I find Uncharted 2 has a good challenge level on Normal without it being frustrating. When you do die, there's something about it that makes you keep coming back to get revenge and figure out where it went wrong. Half the fun is figuring out a good strategy.