The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

awww....that's cute. Looks like Kilowog and Dick made up and you have to love Kyle hugging the Pony. Guy however would not be caught dead handling a MLP.:lol:

Also...is John putting the moves on Shyera?

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The power of ponies melts even Guy Gardner's heart! And yeah, I'm a big Justice League cartoon fan, so I couldn't resist sticking John and Shayera together. Personally, my favorite bit in that photo is Wolverine handing Locutus his severed hand back. :D

Oh, I'm also a Joss Whedon fan, so tragedy strikes:
    [​IMG]

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Hawkeye has a mini-me. :lol:

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    A hundred bonus points for incorporating the Art Asylum Captain Archer into this.

This just keeps getting exponentially cooler.

:D :beer: :bolian:

5. OdoWanKenobi

Haha. That came about from me looking and thinking "Crap! I only have six archers.....wait a minute!"

Also, fun fact: Originally, Hot Toys Hawkeye was in this pic too, but then I bought Killi today, and he was replaced. It's for the best. There's barely enough room for Legolas, let alone two figures in that scale. I'm gonna have to move that shelf tomorrow for the rest of the pics.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. cooleddie74

I wish I had bothered to get the Art Asylum Captain Archer 10 years ago but I just never got around to picking him up even when stores like TRU and KayBee marked down all of their Enterprise toys to ludicrously low prices to try to get rid of them.

Did you ever get the Archer in his EVA spacesuit? I know there was a Phlox in an EVA suit that was an online exclusive with each package personally signed by John Billingsley.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Never did pick up the EVA suit ones. I just have Archer, T'Pol, Reed, Trip, and Travis in their normal uniforms. I picked them up when KB had them for a couple dollars a piece. Well, with the exception of Trip, since he was a con exclusive I think? I can't remember. I just remember he was never at retail. Missing Phlox and Hoshi used to bother me, but to be truthful, to Enterprise figures spend their time in a box these days. I had to go dig Archer out to use him here.

8. cooleddie74

Did they ever get around to doing a Silik figure before the line was canceled? I think they did but I'm not sure....he might have just been a photo of an unproduced prototype I saw online.

Whether they did or not that line was woefully unappreciated in part because Trek toys have almost always been considered less cool and fun than Star Wars or other sci-fi/fantasy franchise figures and collectibles. I would have enjoyed seeing the line continue and add characters like Shran, Ambassador Soval, Admiral Forrest and even the Mirror Universe NX-01 officers.

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, that was brilliant. I never would have thought to use Captain Archer. Duh!

I only have the Archer and Reed figures. Never got around to getting more, though I wanted Trip.

10. cooleddie74

I don't think I saw Trip more than a few brief times when he was out. Most of the figures I tended to see cluttering pegs and shelves in toy stores a decade ago were Travis, Captain Archer and the Malcolm-with-Bridge Tactical Station playset.

Travis got no love on the show or in plastic form. Poor guy.

11. Gotham Central

I actually managed to score the Captain Archer and Reed with their respective Bridge sections. I also have Trip in his standard uniform which I think was an exclusive figure at the time.

Even as someone who was not a fan of Enterprise, I think that Art Asylum did a great job with ALL of their toys. The only other toys from Enterprise that I have are two NX-01s (one is open and sitting on my desk at work)...and the Phase Pistol/communicator Trek Tek.

12. Gotham Central

Its to bad that you did not have another Red Arrow figure since technically one could have been RA and the other could have been Arsenal (per Young Justice)

13. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, never did find DCUC wave 20 Red Arrow. He's going for quite a bit more than the rest of the wave, now, of course.

The 12 Action Figures of Christmas will be seen again later tonight, but first, Hot Toys Captain America arrived:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Gotham Central

DAMMIT MAN...How did you get yours so fast? Mine will not get here until Friday!

Are you going to get the other Avengers and Coulson?

15. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, I'm in for the whole set. I skipped Fury due to funds. I'm gonna have to try to go back and grab him after the onslaught of the rest of the team is over.

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I think the only ENT figures I didn't get was Silik the Suliban, the Naussican, and Phlox in a spacesuit.

Like the ill-fated Playmates' Star Trek XI line, the figures that would have completed my ENT collection was in a cancelled wave--Hoshi and Phlox in their regular outfits.

17. Gotham Central

What do you think of it? Do you have the First Avenger version. Hoe does it compare?

18. OdoWanKenobi

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Naussican. I do have that one, along with the Klingon whose name is escaping me. I never got Silik. I wasn't a fan of the Suliban. The Naussican and Klingon can at least pass for classic aliens.

I never got the First Avenger version of Cap, so I can't compare it to that. This is one truly awesome figure. I do have a couple nits. The outfit restricts articulation a bit, and the belt has a terrible clasp in the back. Those don't really affect how it looks, though. My picture of the unmasked sculpt make it look awful, but it looks much better in real life. I was also surprised to see that the Chitauri gun is actually a hand. It plugs into a wrist ball instead of being held. I can't wait for the whole team. That's going to be one amazing display.

19. cooleddie74

The Klingon? If he was from Enterprise he was probably Klaang, the one who crash lands in Oklahoma and makes first contact with humans when he gets shot by the corn farmer.

Did they make a Klaang figure? :confused: If they did I guess I've completely forgotten about it over the course of the last ten years.

20. Gotham Central

Yikes...I don't know how you do it! :eek:

I kind of want Coulson and Hawkeye. The Hulk is not really that interesting, but it is HUGE (which is why its $300). I'm preordered on Thor.

I'm trying to be mindful of the spending especially since Hot Toys is supposed to release a 66 Batmobile that will probably break the bank