The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SantaEddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SantaEddie74

SantaEddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

In 2004 Hasbro released a two-pack of 12" Jawas that are two of the best Jawa toys I've ever seen. They have no soft goods fabric but the sculpting and attention to detail are fantastic, their bandoliers are separate pieces attached to their bodies instead of sculpted and molded as part of them and they each come with a different type of weapon (one regular blaster pistol, one ionizer to "stun" the droids). For 2004 they were amazing and even today they hold up and look great.

If a pair of 6" Jawas are even half as impressive as the much larger 2004 figures then I'd be plenty satisfied. They should take the Wave 8 Black Series Jawas, upscale those molds to the 6-inch scale and add more details and maybe some soft goods fabric.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I too have Ant-Man figures. These are the 6" scale Marvel Legends versions. Most of this wave is comic based, though.
    [​IMG]

Left to right: Bulldozer, Grim Reaper, Tiger Shark, Ant-Man (movie version), Ultron (movie version, and the Build-A-Figure for this wave), Wasp, and Giant Man.

The little ant along with mini Ant-Man and Yellowjacket are pack-ins for the movie figure. The ant really isn't in scale with anything, but oh well. I'm glad that even with this focus on what's at the movies, Hasbro is still giving us great comic book based figures of obscure characters. Bulldozer, Grim Reaper, and Tiger Shark are all characters we've never gotten before. There was a Wasp in the final wave of Toybiz's Marvel Legends, but we were desperately in need of an upgrade. Giant Man is a character we've had before, but never in this particular costume, and never normal sized.

3. LordMudd

LordMudd Commander Red Shirt

If you want tiny figures, look at the Heroclix. I have 2 Antman, 3 Wasp, Yellowjacket 2 (Rita), 2 Atoms, and a custom made Shrinking Violet.

CCC.

4. OdoWanKenobi

^That's not a bad idea, actually. Generally Hasbro has been pretty good about including small versions of Ant-Man and Wasp as pack-ins too. I suppose the Marvel Legends Giant Man could work as a bigger version for Marvel Universe displays, too.

5. LordMudd

Here are a couple of pics. Forgot about the mini Elastigirl, and I seem to be missing an Antman, which is not as surprising as it should be. Also included my custom Giant Man I did about 20 years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CCC.

6. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

McFarlane is doing Game of Thrones construction sets. I passed up their Walking Dead line, but I may not be able to pass these up.

[​IMG]

7. SantaEddie74

Just nine weeks left to go until the official retail launch of toys and other merchandise from The Force Awakens. San Diego Comic-Con is just a couple of weeks away so we should be getting our very first looks at some of those toys later this month.

8. LordMudd

I think McFarlane does better set pieces than figures. He does not comprehend the need for a variety of poses.

CCC.

9. Gingerbread Girl

Gingerbread Girl Fleet Admiral Admiral

Got my hands on a Funko mini bobblehead Black Widow!

[​IMG]

She and mini Hawkeye are so cute.

[​IMG]

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. LordMudd

Yeah, I would say typical Mattel mentality, nothing in 4" scale.

CCC.

12. Gingerbread Girl

Re-posting from last year- Captain America is a little too patriotic. Poor Captain Britain!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have a new Shelf Avengers Fourth of July celebration up tonight!

13. LordMudd

Cap and Hawk gonna be singing "skyrockets in flight?" I can hear Natasha now. "Has anyone seen Brian and Dane?"

CCC.

14. Gingerbread Girl

The Shelf Avengers have a barbecue to celebrate the Fourth of July and Captain America's birthday!

[​IMG]

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i bought my first Star Wars Black Series 6 inch figure. Clone Trooper with red stripe. he's pretty neat.

16. SantaEddie74

^
    Congratulations! I'm glad you like him. :)

I have yet to find the 6" Clone Trooper Captain myself. The newest wave assortments aren't exactly hitting in large numbers around here but I'm still looking for the ones I haven't yet found.

17. OdoWanKenobi

Uh oh. Shelf Avengers+Alcohol is typically a dangerous mix! :lol:

I found some more Star Wars Black Series.
    [​IMG]

Palpatine's soft good cloak looks better than I expected it to. It really bugs me that his cane is too short to reach the ground even with his arm fully extended. I would have liked some for Force Lightning bits too, but oh well. Han and Luke are pretty decent for what are essentially pre-existing heads slapped on a pre-existing body. Black Series scale has been a bit wonky, but it's nice that they paid attention in an area where it really counts. Luke is indeed a little short for a Stormtrooper.

18. SantaEddie74

I've found the Stormtrooper Han but have yet to track down either the Luke or the new Emperor. Congratulations!

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw them at my local store but I'm not sure if you live in the area (Poconos)

20. SantaEddie74

Me? No, I'm down in Virginia.