Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by C.E. Evans, Oct 17, 2011.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

That rocked.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked the fact that contrary to the enthusiasm of the others, Olmos couldn't stay awake through a few episodes of Doctor Who. :lol:

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

That was good, the cherry on top. I had to rewind it quite a few times, because I laughed on top of what they were saying during the reading.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The part where Callis and Olmos were actually reciting the awful dialogue was pretty good. :D

5. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Oh my god. Thank you.

:guffaw:

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's been a while since any news came out about this, but Singer recently had a short interview with IGN and it doesn't appear to be dead. No real substantive statements other than the script is being revised and that it will fit between Larson's and Moore's versions nicely, whatever that means.

I'll believe it when I see the first trailer, but at least it's nice to know it's still being considered and not buried completely.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm guessing that he means the tone of the series. It won't be as light as the original or as dark as the reboot but somewhere in between.

8. 137th Gebirg

^^^ There seems to be some debate about that particular aspect of his script. Some believe that he may have found a way to tie the two series together as a clear bridge to make them both in the same universe. But yes, the tone aspect you mention is also a possibility. If the former, I am genuinely curious how he's going to do it. Of course, no word as to when it will happen - seems firmly entrenched in development hell at present.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, this is basically going nowhere so far.

10. 137th Gebirg

Pretty much. :cool: No steps forward, but then again, no steps backward either.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Grey Owl Wizard Premium Member

I am interested in seeing this. NuBSG was very good, but, at times, it did take the "reality" a little too far, IMHO, with things always being so grim and hopeless and never a bit of fun. Never having any fun or a break from the depresion, no matter how grim things get, to me, is just as unrealistic as being shown to have too much fun during grim, hopeless times.

A balance of tones, in between BSG:TOS and NuBSG could be quite good.

Speaking of development hell, I'm still waiting for The Dark Crystal Sequel :( <had to finally stop holding my breath, though, or I'd be really, really purple by now>

12. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Ah, yes! "Power of the Dark Crystal" I think it's called. Yeah, that's another one that has yet to get any traction, while early statements would have had its release last year! That's one I've been waiting for as well for a very long time.

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

It's kind of hard to go backward from nothing.

14. yenny

yenny Captain Captain

Both series can be in the same universe and bridge together. The events that had taking place in NuBSG, happen 150,000 years age. While the events in ToBSG had happen 50 to seventies years ago. A matter of fact I mention how it could be done on the SyFy forum, the last year NuBGS was on. I think I had mention it on here also. But I'm not sure about that.

15. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Ah, yes, that's right. The final episode of TOS ("The Hand of God") had them picking up the footage of the 1969 moon landing on an old unused Colonial Fleet frequency. Yep, it could be done.

16. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Dear God please NO! Don't pollute the classic BSG with Moore's version. I came to like NuG well enough, but as it's OWN thing, not as part of the same universe. Keep them well seperate!

JJ Abrams should have done the same with Trek. I could accept it as an AU, but not as an offshoot of Trek Prime.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hah! I feel exactly the opposite. I'd just as soon they forget about the original version, and let it rest in peace as a nostalgic relic of the seventies, and make any new versions more like the modern show . . . which was infinitely better, IMHO.

(I confess I never got into the original show, even back in the day. I remember liking Buck Rogers better.)

18. 137th Gebirg

It's all just speculation at this point, based on Singer's cryptic statements. Nobody really knows for sure. I'm not even sure he even knows, as the script has probably gone through several revisions already, and expecting a few more. Time will <hopefully> tell...

19. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

You like the Old BSG format?

Starbuck and Apollo fight Cylons, one of them gets shot down, and meets some humans from a lost colony, solve their local problems, then takes off in a viper, and the Cylons come and they pick up where they left off, shooting down some more Cylons. After a hard days work shooting Cylon Starbuck and Apollo decide to have a game of Pyramid, you know in the old series Pyramid is a card game, Apollo reclines with Sheba and Starbuck with Cassiopeia. Boxy shows up with his robot Daggit and joins in the fun, then they wander off and get into some trouble and need being rescued by Starbuck and Apollo.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I certainly don't think Moore "destroyed" BSG, but I do like the original show much better. If Singer's version holds closer to it, I'd be all for that.

I mean, we know it'll be different in some way. It's highly unlikely the Singer version could possibly be darker :p and so it will probably be more...less-dark. (I hesitate to say 'lighter' given the circumstances.)