SyFy demotees Blood & Chrome back to webisode series

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by V, Aug 25, 2011.

1. V

V Commodore Commodore

ack: the time limit for editing the thread title has passed.

Can a moderator change it to "Scifi demotes Blood & Chrome back to webisodes?" -- with "demotes" spelled correctly and a question mark at the end.

2. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Better yet, change it to "Syfy considers demoting Blood & Chrome back to webisodes".

3. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

That would seem an odd edit to make, since it's still not the truth...:wtf:

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

It'll just show up on YouTube the following day like the other webisodes did.

5. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.

Sell it like they did Enterprise at first. If you'll recall, "Star Trek" was not in the title sequence for the first season or two.

Just advertise it as "Blood & Chrome", with the dashing, young "Husker" fighting a "robot menace" , put some eye-candy on his arm and bobs-your-uncle, you bring in a few folks that might otherwise avoid BSG.

6. milo bloom

I know it's not real news, but it's interesting because of who it's from: if you follow Michael and Denise Okuda on Facebook, they posted this over the weekend:

They couldn't say how they saw it, of course, but I'm wondering if SyFy is circulating it around to "names" in the fandom trying to build some buzz?

7. V

V Commodore Commodore

Yeah I wonder what's going on; I thought that they might release it over the internet by "Fall 2011"....but there I was, and I looked up and said "wow, its November 5th, and we've heard no news on this"

I think the Okudas might just be being generically gracious for having seen it.

The word was that the SyFy exec thought there were major problems with it, so I don't know.

I just want all of this to end and for another space opera show of sorts to start up that's so popular on here that its gets its own new subforum. SyFy has so many problems these days; they just kicked Ira Steven Behr out of the writers' room.

In terms of other pilots, I saw that "Grimm" show that NBC picked *over* RDM's "Precinct 17" -- seemed decent. Didn't really inspire me, but it seemed like a good clone of "Supernatural". Not too sure about "Once Upon a Time", also seemed decent.

8. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

"Names" in fandom? If SyFrak gave a shit about their fans they wouldn't have started alienating them 4 years ago when they started offing all their shows.

More likely they're old colleague and friend Doug Drexler who's working on B&C got them a look at it. I highly doubt anyone at the network level is shopping it around, just folks involved with the production.

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

There's enough trading of pilot cuts behind the scenes within the industry that it is perfectly within reason that the Okudas would be able to view Blood and Chrome, even if it wasn't via legit channels.

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

You think? I find it cookie cutter so far, with a bland (if cute) lead, barely worth sticking with. I wonder if NBC is kicking itself, considering that the more-complex and character-driven Once Upon a Time is doing great at ABC. From what I heard, Precinct 17 was more along those lines.

11. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if they could go back and pick it up? At any rate, like Virtuality (which I loved), I'll pick up the Precinct 13 pilot when it comes out on disc.

12. doubleohfive

Has there been any news confirming that 17th Precinct would be released on DVD?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt it will be. A produced pilot that wasn't picked up for series getting released in the home market is rather unusual.

14. doubleohfive

Well, no shit. I only ask because Virtuality did get produced and released (I got mine at Best Buy when it came out, and later bought a copy for a friend via Amazon)... so I was just curious about whether or not the same might happen with 17th Precinct.

Also, I don't know why I called it "Precinct 17" above. I must need some more caffeine...

15. PsychoPere

No need to get snippy with the "no shit" comment. My post was in reply to yours, yes, but it was also written more generally to address stonester1's assumption that 17th Precinct would be released.

16. doubleohfive

Settle down, Beavis. Allow me to extend my apologies. I was not trying to be snippy. More like colloquial. :)

17. PsychoPere

In that case, I apologize as well for misinterpreting. :)

18. doubleohfive

The Colonials and Cylons could have saved themselves a ton of trouble if they'd been as civil as you and I. :lol:

19. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Doug Drexler is overseeing the VFX and he has been teasing me about the how great the VFX. Of course I have asked him for a sneak peek to no avail LOL. Mike and Denise are very well connected and would have no problem seeing a preview of any scifi production if they wanted to. There are so many people involved in production that have worked on other stuff that a lot of good relationships develop over time. :)

20. milo bloom

Whatever they're doing, they need to start teasing us with some clips or something. If they want to this thing to go anywhere they need to rebuild the fanbase.