Susan Sackett's Star Trek Report (Stalog Magazine)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Maurice, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Maurice

Maurice Vice Admiral Admiral

I was poking through The Internet Archive scans of Starlog Magazine's early issues and ran across Susan Sackett's column, Star Trek Report, which largely covered the making of ST:TMP. I thought it might be fun to pull the text of a few of those and share them here for those who may remember them or may not have ever read them. If you weren't around then, we were dying for information about Star Trek's return, so we gobbled this stuff up.

Here's one of the columns I remember best:

LINK TO ISSUE

2. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's great, thanks for sharing.

I can imagine you would have been hanging on every word from those reports. For me it was the letters section of the DC comics in the 80's/90's - the editorial was the first thing I'd read.

If you haven't read it, check out Susan Sackett's Inside Trek: My Secret Life with Star Trek Creator Gene Roddenberry for an extremely no holds barred account of what was going on after hours during the making of TMP. :evil:

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hmm... (Begins plotting 100,000-word Trek novel about the life stories of R. D. Enberry, M. Minor, L. Cole, R. McKenzie and Gort leading up to the fall of Epsilon 9.)

4. Maurice

Maurice Vice Admiral Admiral

Argh. My laptop keyboard is acting flaky. That was obviously supposed to be STARLOG in the thread title.