Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

FYI without Wikipedia I would have responded to that with "WHO THE FUCK IS BARRY ALLEN!?" Of course him being dead since 2 or 3 years before I was born and coming back when I was 20 might have something to do with it.

yes, yay for pissing on Spider-Man's character (Becuase nothing says heroic like selling your marriage to Satan just so when your 80 years old aunt eventually dies you don't have to feel guilty about it) just becuase some people want perpetual loser Spider-Man who pines after a chick that is DEAD and not coming back. Stuff like this is why fans should stay the hell a way from actually writing a character.

Becuase they were largely in a side universe that people didn't care as much about so they pretty much used it to get away with doing stuff the would have the fanboy's screaming bloody murder if it happened in their precious main universe?

Yes, becuase entirely new versions of characters want to dress like the old ones who are probably NEVER coming back.

Which is why for the most part I'm giving less of a shit about the comics versions of the characters as time goes on.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ugh. Pink Kryptonite. Kryptonian fragments have some odd mineralogy and give off some strange forms of radiation. Negating super powers? Sure. Random effect that lasts for 24 hours? Uhhh.... Okay. Makes someone turn into a very stereotypical gay person? WTF?!

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

First established in superman 72 in 1953.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ Some things should change for the better in 60 years...

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

^
    That actually happened?

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

In a Supergirl comic I believe, but yes. I think "Pink-K" was only used the one-time though to... prove some kind of point? I don't know. But, oy!

Somethings are best left gone by the New 52! ;)

Are you talking about Kryptonite? I believe it started earlier than that as a plot-device in the radio serial and first appeared not long after that.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Pink-K was from a Supergirl story written by Peter David. Yeah, he was trying to make a point. Kind of failed though.

8. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, loads. But presumably you're angling for something specific so why not just say it?

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. TheCutestofBorg

TheCutestofBorg Lieutenant Junior Grade

And what is that point?

11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, I usually ask questions because people tend to agree with my point but aren't going to admit it unless they say it themselves. However, since you asked, my point is that the same motivating force that led to the Nolan movies being different from the Adam West television show also is motivating the desire to make the new Superman movie different as well. It's a recognition that what may work in comics doesn't work as well to modern movie viewing audiences.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He was doing a riff on the Silver Age style of story telling.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think the point was that the old window treatment sucked, and that Jimmy needs more credit for his fabulous work around the office.

And that bow ties are cool.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

15. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Did they really change it? Or is that just an artist who is drawing it to look better?

16. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Which pretty much disqualifies you from a conversation about comic books. If you're ignorant as to the subject matter, you are by definition incapable of having an informed opinion. I don't opine about rap music.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

In the couple of initial nu52 comics I read, the boots and belt had a more mechanical look. The belt had some big bolt looking things where those little square indents are in the previous image and the boots had more of a heavy armor look.

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

It really doesn't. All it does is make you a prudish reactionary.

19. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I like this better. It looks more streamlined, form fitting like the old costume.

20. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Not that anyone asked you, but explain that, without being insulting this time, if you can strain yourself to be cordial.
    He is ignorant of a major part of comics history. Being uninformed does make one's opinions on a subject less valid. How does that make me a prude or a reactionary?
    I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.