Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah but that will be the one attached to TDKR. I was wondering about the comic-con one.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The comic con one most likely won't be released since it was convention only footage. We were lucky to see even the crappy version of it.

3. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Can't wait to see the trailer!

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

What are they waiting for, dammit?

5. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unfortunate. The teaser I saw last night was far less substantial than I thought it would be. Still, I'm jazzed.

6. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

I didn't think the teaser was very interesting at all, but I definitely want to see the movie.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think the one that was posted in the thread had the Costner voice over. It was just really underwhelming compared to the extended comic con trailer. It lacked the emotion and spectacle that trailer had. The theatrical one barely showed anything interesting IMO.

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I one I saw in front of TDKR last night was about a minute long, mostly just quiet shots of middle America, Clark with a beard, a little boy tying a red towel on like a cape, Clark on a fishing boat, and then finally a shot of Superman flying up and breaking the sound barrier. The voice-over was Crowe.

10. Admiral_Young

Yeah that is the one that was shown in the thread, except it was Jonathan Kent speaking instead of Jor-El. Interesting little gimmick.

11. davejames

Damn. I really wanted to see that shot of Supes getting punched through the building. :(

12. Admiral_Young

I don't think that was ever meant to be in the trailer...that was a supposed description of a sequence in the actual film, if we believe Rich and the conversation he had.

13. davejames

No, I was just talking about the shot in the Comic Con trailer, with him getting thrown into the bank vault.

14. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

The trailer was underwhelming. I thought more of the Comic Con footage would be shown. Also there is nothing in it that shows how this is fresh and different than other Superman movies. Other than a new actor. Buts its just a teaser. We will see.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have the impression that these teaser trailers are usually officially available online within a day or so of their cinema release, and there's still no sign of either the cinema version of the teaser or the comic con version. I'm wondering whether Warners/DC are doing a little old school marketing and in an effort to maximise the chances of The Dark Knight Rises breaking opening weekend records, they're getting people to go to see TDKR just to see the teaser trailer. I know that the majority of people who go and see TDKR will also go and see MOS but I'm sure there are people who might not. Its just a theory.

17. Admiral_Young

Again. The comic con extended trailer will not be online. It was convention floor exclusive, which is why we got the crappy cam recorded as someone violated the no recording rule SDCC and put it up online. That's the only reason we saw it. In fact I've only seen the "Man of Steel" footage out of all the panels that showed footage last weekend, so we got lucky. The theatrical teaser trailer as mentioned will most likely be online Monday.

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Yahoo Movies has the trailer up:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Just what I thought upon seeing it in the theater.. the music is from LOTR: FOTR after gandalf falls

20. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I like it! I really like the tone and the look of this movie!