Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lonemagpie, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

^No that was Natalie (hardly surprising given her background) though Abby was quite near the top. Rachel being in the dance off wasn't a surprise as she hovers around that mid point that's always so dangerous (High enough that people don't think they need to vote but not high enough that they can survive on the judges' scoring alone) but Abby was surprising.

Sadly Dave Myers is funny and seems a nice guy hence people feel sorry for him and vote for him, there's one every year but eventually they're ditched. It'll be different next week, when it was someone like Deborah Meaden being kicked off people won't be too surprised, but Rachel going was a shocker (although she hadn't set the dancefloor on fire so I'm not sure how much longer she would have stayed anyway.)

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, the fat bloke and Dave Myers were both pretty rubbish, but I'm with Len tonight- Myers at least moved a little bit more, and it's clear the other three just just took the excuse to get rid of the guy they hated more over the series as a whole, even though the fat bloke blatantly missed his cues when he didn't even have to fucking move at all.

Odd mix- Myers should have been out weeks ago, yet on the basis of tonight's show he was unfairly robbed. let's hope the fat bloke is out next week.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I found myself agreeing with Len as well (which isn't something I do often), however bad Dave was he did at least try. Mark Benton's dance off dance was woeful. I think the right dancer left, but it was for the wrong reason. It should go on the dance off.

And I would have been annoyed at the wrongness of mixing Blofeld and Goldfinger, but for some reason I spent the entire dance feeling distracted...I have no idea why... :)

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the final three will come from Abby/Natalie/Susanah/Ashly and Patrick...well unless Sophie suddenly pulls her finger out.

4. Lonemagpie

[Looks at Strictly result online while watching Grand Prix] Aw fuck, that fat git's still in and Fiona's out? What fucking drugs are the judges on this year?

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well I can see their thinking, Mark's probably the livelier more entertaining option, and they're probably about the same level. I think Mark's only going to survive one more week barring a major upset. Personally I’d have gone with Fiona, but I would have only expected her to stay in one more week as well.

Sadly from here on in I think it's likely we'll see some surprises in terms of who's going, and increasingly I think it’s hard to decide who the three finalists could be. Perm any three from Natalie, Patrick, Ashley, Susannah and Abbey, though given the choice I’d want Susannah to win.

6. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Fiona fluffed it badly. It wasn't a case of the other guy winning but her losing it. BTW calling someone 'that fat bloke' is tedious after the first thigh-slappingly hilarious coinage.

7. Lonemagpie

Patrick would my preference to win. Otherwise any of them except Benton or Ben (who's entire schtick seems to be, with the exception of this week) taking his shirt off.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Fiona seemed to fluff most of her dances to some degree, she seemed to always lose focus.

I think Ben isn't a bad dancer, certainly for a bloke his size, but he won't reach the final, even if he keeps his shirt off. Sadly neither with Sophie which is a shame, but barring massive improvement neither of them have the skills to make the final I don't think, though I do hope we get to see her Charlston again.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Glad Mark Benton was the one to go this week. From here on in however it's going to be a decent dancer who goes.

Things do seem to have shifted a bit. Sophie's best dance since the Charleston and Susannah Reid seems to have been a little off her game for a few weeks now. If I had to pick the final three right now I’d probably go with Abby, Natalie and Patrick. I really don’t want Natalie to win it.

10. Lonemagpie

Didn't see it this week, but thank fuck for that... Way past time.

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I thought you'd be pleased...

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

An all girl final then! Not surprised (though I was surprised it'll be four in the final) that Patrick was out, though he did really well to get this far.

Somewhat surpised myself this weekend as I did a "Yes" and punched the air twice, once when Sophie got a 10 and then when she was through to the final. I mean I knew I liked her but...

13. Lonemagpie

I had no preference for who wins, until I saw that Natalie is the only one of the cast who turned down an invite to George Osborne's taxpayer-funded Xmas party at Downing Street... So I want her to win now.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oddly she's the only one I don't want to win, though that's based on the fact that she's clearly had a lot of dance training prior to show rather than anything else.

Wasn't the party they attended a charitable event for kids?

15. Lonemagpie

There's a separate one.

And normally there's a contestant who's a fucking West End star to have an advantage....

16. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Do you mean Jason Donovan?

All female final this year.

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Dumping Sophie for Susanna ? Incredible.

I'm out of here...

18. Lonemagpie

So, Strictly ended as I predicted here at home - Susannah may be the bookies' favourite, and we voted for Natalie, but the tabloid-selling WAG would win. And she did.

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think Sophie and Susannah split the underdog vote.

Voted for Sophie first half and Abbey second. She was as good a dancer as Natalie without heaps of prior experience and she didn't turn the waterworks on at every single opportunity like Natalie.

Personality wise I'd have wanted Sophie or Susannah to win, but I have to say considering I didn't expect to warm to Abbey I have. She's not the sharpest tool in the box but she always seems v genuine.

20. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Happy with the winner - she was a genuine beginner unlike Natalie. I thought Sophie was miles better than Susanna.