STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Alienware has a nice giveaway going on. Visit http://www.alienwarearena.com and search for Star Trek Online Game and Item Giveaway.

From their website:

Star Trek Online Game & Item Giveaway
    Get this unbelievable Star Trek Online package now. With this key, you will get the following:

Access to the retail game of Star Trek Online
    • 10 days of subscription time
    • 22nd Century Enterprise Era Uniform
    • NX Class Starship
    • 8 Hour XP Boost
    A complete package to take you from Recruit to Captain in no time. Don't miss out on your opportunity to engage Star Trek Online like never before.

*Only valid for new Star Trek Online players.
    *Available only to North America and Europe.

2. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Went ahead and got that for a friend of mine, since I couldn't use it for my own. He only gets to play when he's over here, so I'm going to be working on his to get him high enough for the Odyssey.

3. Rocketeer

It's a good deal. Essentually it's equal to a 10 day buddy pass, NX Enterprise - 400c, Enterprise Uniform - 440c and an 8hr XP boost - 780c.

Leptoon - if you're still looking for a buddy pass, this could be a better deal for you.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

That would've been nice to know about a few days ago. :lol:

5. Kaziarl

If you're still a new silver player, I still think you can do it. I made my friends account a couple days ago, and it worked on his.

6. CorporalClegg

Well how "new" is "new"? I'm LC now. I don't think I'd get much benefit from it. Though there's the possibility I might go with an Engineer at some point. That might be the better option even. If I can still get it for my account, I can work on engineer between now and Thursday and just get the Odyssey for him.

There's always the option of dual accounts, I do have a million and one emails. Though I've always looked down on people who do that.

7. Kaziarl

I think in this case "New" is likely anyone who's made an account post F2P launch.

8. Kaziarl

I didn't think about this before, but it might be interesting to find out if it means "New" PWE accounts, which means all of us old farts could still get it maybe? Might be a good loophole.

9. Rocketeer

Sorry, but I posted the moment I found out.

To be honest, I haven't read the user agreement since I started in 2010. I don't remember if there are any restrictions on having more that one account. One of my friends had 3 gold memberships (1 life and 2 recurring) for testing ship builds. However, I haven't seen him since SWTOR came out.

Just curious if you work at WSMR. That's where I picked up this identity. I used to love working the research rocket missions.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. Rocketeer

I don't know. I was assuming that it only works on a silver membership. If you have a friend that hasn't come over yet, this is a good time.

I'm not that interested in the NX Enterprise (although it's a fun ship) or Enterprise uniforms, but an 8hr skill bonus would be sweet.

11. CorporalClegg

Oh no I was just laughing at the irony. But all is well, because I was able to get it to work.

I created my engineer and got the Enterprise stuff easy enough. I didn't try it out or anything. Just skipped the tutorial, got my stuff and went to bed. Though I haven't figured out how to get the skill boost. Typically with those things they send them to you in the mail, but I haven't received it yet.

I also went ahead and bought some more tokens to buy the extra character slots, so I have access to both when the ten days are up. I picked-up a Delta Flyer with the leftovers. I messed around with it some this morning. It sure is fun! Now I only hope Timelord decides to do another small craft event. ;)

That's pretty hardcore. But usually with P2P games "multi-boxing" isn't against the rules. It's certainly frowned upon and considered discourteous to fellow players, but they're getting more money from those that do it. What do they care.

But several of the F2P games I've played (Including other PWE games) have it written in the EULA that it's against the rules.

Though I'm surprised your friend isn't getting sick of SWTOR. I know am, and I absolutely adore it. But for one thing there are still a lot of kinks it needs to work out, and it's one of those games where it's really easy to get burned out on over playing. I kind of did.

In fact, I'm seriously considering canceling my sub and just focusing on STO until the next major update which is supposed to be Late March early April.

Nope. Though it would be an awesome job to have. I was just never too good at the maths.

I love going down there though. White Sands itself is one of the coolest places on Earth IMO. You can toboggan in the middle of summer.

But I like going down there just because there's so much cool stuff that flies into Holloman on a regular basis. B-52s and Bones fly in an out of there all the time. I saw an F-117 there once and even a pair of F-22s last summer. My brother saw a B-2 there a while back; I wasn't with him, unfortunately.

12. Rocketeer

Sometimes it's difficult to tell the poster's meaning. Just letting you know that I passed that info to TrekBBS as soon as it was relayed to me.

The Delta Flyer is cool. Jho'dig has even completed a few of the Borg Incursions in it.

White Sands was the funnest job I've ever had, but the high desert caused health problems for us. We enjoy living in Germany as it's a lot greener. I was in the Air Force many years ago (in a galaxy far away) and I still enjoy being around planes. Occasionally we drive to Ramstein Air Base for eating and shopping and watching the C-5s fly overhead.

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Last call for entrys into the House of TrekBBS uniform design contest.

Use your chance to win a very rare Photonic Science Officer, your very own Holographic Doctor!

I will put up the voting thread on thursday.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=157945

14. mclea1mm

mclea1mm Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi guys! Despite my non-existent post count, I've lurked on TrekBBS for a while. I've been playing STO since the game switched to free-to-play. It would be great to join up and see some of you in-game. Domm@Phineus

15. Timelord Victorious

That's ok. Will invite you later. You gain full memship with all the perks as soon as you get more posts under your belt.
    Until then your bank access is a bit more restricted but you can pick up your fleet uniform and have fleet chat access.

16. CorporalClegg

Speaking of fleet chat, I must play at all the wrong times because no one is ever there. I always feel so alone. :(

17. Timelord Victorious

When do you play?

And make sure you join the TrekBBS Subspace Com channel, we hardly ever use default fleet chat, because the custom one is global from Federation to KDF to even Champions Online...

18. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Its the same for me too!

19. Timelord Victorious

We have always had fluctuations depending on content.
    I can promise that the fleet will have a few busy days with the event and the next weeks shouldn't be much worse while the Dominion Series is running.
    So definitely a good time to log in, team up with your fleet mates, get to know them a bit better.

In my experience the social contacts are the most important part for the content light phases later to keep the game interesting.
    Being a good team mate and friend in the fleet will encourage others to log in more.
    If everybody picks up this attitude you will at least at prime time see a pretty busy roster.

We are still a bit Europe heavy, so between 7pm and 23pm middle european time should be the most people online.
    That would be more afternoon for East Coasters...

I am not sure if we get a second peak time among US members since I am soundly asleep 4-5 hours later.

And of course weekends are always a bit busier.

Most members should have basic event privileges.

If you roughly know when you log in and what you are going to do in a broad sense just post it there.
    Other people can then check your schedule and arrange their own online times accordingly and coordinate better with you.

We have teh tool, utilize it if it helps to strengthen our community.

20. Rocketeer

I'm in Germany (timezone GMT+1) usually on 10pm to midnight, but occasionally get a chance to get on before. Recommend that you use the fleet private channel if possible.

Timelord - can F2P join the custom chat channel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.