Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe that's why Anakin spent several months fighting in the outer rim, before being recalled, at the beginning of Revenge Of The Sith. It was more of an "exile" because he was becoming too attached.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that sound was just TCW's take on that oppressive rumble heard in ANH, TESB, and ROTS whenever Vader Force-choked someone. If so, that would suggest that it's a Sith or Dark Jedi doing the choking. Could it be Dooku, and he was masquerading as the Jedi he once was? We're kinda short on suspects here.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would be extremely shocked if Ahsoka wasn't cleared by the end of this 4 parter. The show doesn't tend to upset the apple cart very often (the end of the Maul arc nonwithstanding).

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This could be foreshadowing Ahoska's "ultimate" fate but I'd be surprised if they wrapped up her arc prior to wrapping up the series. Her character is basically too tied into this series and was one of the purposes for creating the series and the film before it to wrap up before the show concludes. Unless they intend to surprise us. I suppose anything is possible. Filoni has said they wrote multiple endings and he and Lucas know her "fate" now.

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

My money is on Maul.

- Sidious said he had plans for him at the end of the last arc now that he's his lackey again.
    - Both Palpatine and Dooku are too high-profile to be sneaking around a prison on Coruscant, and it's not really their style. That's more of a henchman's job and in keeping with the kind of things Maul has done in the past in the EU (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter had him sneaking around the Coruscant underworld).
    - Since the last three episodes of the Maul arc were originally supposed to be aired with Revival at the beginning of the season before they split them apart, it would have been a relatively long gap between the two arcs before, and not an immediate follow-up with Maul again right after his previous arc.
    - But the fact that they moved it to the back end to possibly pair it with this arc could indicate that they want to link the two and keep Maul fresh in people's minds.
    - If he's appearing in this arc again, it would give Obi-Wan a last chance for closure both in bringing Satine's killer to justice or finishing him if he refuses to surrender (which he will) and for an epic battle with Maul to finish what he started on Naboo.
    Ventress returns in the next episode to assist Ahsoka in IDing Letta's killer. The last time we saw her was fighting alongside Obi-Wan against the Maul brothers as a bounty hunter trying to get the bounty on Savage. Now that that's no longer an option, she could move on to Maul. Alternatively, her tracking of the Maul Bros. for the bounty may be the source of the information she uses to help Ahsoka ID the killer (if it's Maul).

6. CorporalCaptain

I agree that Maul could have done the choking, but who is the Jedi who taught the prisoner how to build the nanodroids? The only reason I wondered about Dooku was because he has the best chance of any baddy we know to pass himself off as a Jedi (having been one once).

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Or its just a Jedi gone bad and Maul, Dooku, and Sidious have nothing to do with it.

Seriously the main villains don't have to be responsible for every villainous act in the series.

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm thinking it was Tarkin heading up the nanodroid department... well done on thinking Maul for force-choker. That is a totally logical conclusion. Hwoever you have to wonder if another Jedi is involved, someone going rouge. I'd prefer Maul but whatever.

Does anyone recall any meaningful interaction between Ahsoka and Palpatine in the series that would alert him to Anakin's attachment to her? I'm trying to figure out of Palps has a hand in any of this becoming Ahsoka's problem or if it was entirely random.

On the topic of stun settings, I just happened to be rewatching season 2's "Death Trap" and was delighted to see Boba stunning a clone trooper.

9. CorporalCaptain

Of course it could be someone we've never heard of before. It's in the whodunit genre, as mentioned already, so we're discussing the suspects that we do know about. At least that's what I'm doing. Can't really discuss suspects if we don't know who they are.

Yeah. Tarkin was the one isolating the prisoner. He delivered the message summoning Ahsoka; maybe he was who told the prisoner (Letta Turmond) she could trust Ahsoka. All that's consistent with the idea of Tarkin setting everything up.

Agreed.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only other than the fact that Palpatine would probably know that Ahsoka was his Padawan Learner. That would be attachment enough in his eyes I think. I don't recall any specific interaction that they've had.

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Maybe Maul identified himself as a Jedi. There are other Jedi of his species and she is not well acquainted with the Order so she wouldn't question it.

As far as teaching her to build nanodroids, I guess he took a Sith Learning Annex course. He's smart and capable, so it seems within his abilities. He might even have nanodroids inside his body to help keep him alive considering he's half machine now.

But unless he changed his appearance drastically, it would be like Saddam Hussein or bin Laden or Hitler strolling around their enemy's cities during their respective conflicts. They'd be recognized immediately. He's too well known.

Of course not, but this random guy we've never heard of before sure seems to want to frame and kill Ahsoka bad. It just seems more likely to me it would be someone we've heard of before with a pre-established motive for going after Kenobi and in turn his former Padawan Anakin and Anakin's Padawan Ahsoka.

Maybe the frame job on Ahsoka is an attempt by Palpatine to isolate or alienate Anakin from the Order and Obi-Wan, giving him what he wants, and leaving Kenobi more vulnerable to an attack by Maul without his partner Anakin around, giving Maul what he wants.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  12. CorporalCaptain

Yeah, I was wondering if Dooku had disguised himself. But Maul's pretty well known too, so same problem there.

I was also wondering if the traitor was Luminara Unduli (Barriss Offee's master). Barriss seemed troubled about possibly more than just the death of her former master. It seemed like she's holding something back.

13. Stephen!

Perhaps it is Palpatine, based on what's said in this interview

http://www.followingthenerd.com/ftn...ho-is-sidious-and-why-darth-maul-is-not-dead/

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Other way around, actually; "Revival" was moved forward rather than the rest of the arc being pushed back.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I really doubt it. She's always been portrayed solid as a rock. At least it would be very surprising if the show went in that direction.
    It would essentially conflict with her scene in ROTS, for one thing.

16. Stephen!

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

A question just occurred to me. In the original trilogy, the order that Obi-Wan Kenobi had belonged to was referred to as the Jedi Knights. That's how I grew up thinking of them. But now it seems to me that they're just called the Jedi or the Jedi Order or something. Has the "Jedi Knight" usage fallen out of favor?

18. CorporalCaptain

It would seem so.

That reminds me of something else sorta related: the various uses of the term "master." I believe Barriss Offee addressed Anakin as "master" in front of the elevator, even though she's not his Padawan, and Anakin was never a Jedi Master.

Which brings us back to the point that Anakin himself was only ever a Jedi Knight. "Yes, I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father." True.

Granted, though, that doesn't explain all usages of the phrase "Jedi Knight" in the OT. "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." You have to perform contortions to render that line fully consistent with how the PT ended up being.

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/anh-script.shtml

19. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

but the Jedi were guardians of peace until they were forced into a manipulated war. How is there any inconsistency?

20. CorporalCaptain

We're talking about the use of the word Knight versus Order. Did the Jedi Masters do nothing to keep the peace during that period?

As for any other inconsistencies, let's not get started on generations versus years.