Star Wars: The Clone Wars New Year's Day Double Featue

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Quantum, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

There's another Matthew Wood interview on Starwars.com in which he offers his opinion on Grievous's motivations:

2. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

^ I sure wish they'd make that part of the actual series somehow. I think the show is pretty good (I find it thoroughly entertaining) ... but it could stand a tad bit more character development and exploration.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Speaking of Force powers, much as I love Grevious it's ridiculous that he can ever win a protracted duel with a Jedi. Why don't they just Force push him? Or trip him? Or rip his hands off? Or crush his organ sack like Mace does right before ROTS starts?

4. Christopher

Force telekinesis requires concentration, and when you're fighting off four lightsabers simultaneously, it's kind of hard to concentrate on anything else.

5. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Checking out the episode guide for "The Deserter" on the official site, I came across this...

6. Deimos Anomaly

Deimos Anomaly Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking at this ep recently after downloading TCW off iTunes (never watched it before) I think at least one of the kids is definitely biological.

One of them has full length head-tails and the Twi'lek cone ears.

The other has shorter, stubby head tails, and more human-like ears.

I must say I was taken by surprise. Interspecies breeding and successful production of offspring is common in ST of course, but I had thought SW deliberately steered clear of it... I guess I thought maybe GL thought it was silly...

Evidently, not so.

7. Christopher

Did you mean "biracial?"

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

But if you had two or more Jedi fighting him, one could fight off the sabers leaving another one to use the Force on him. Or the Jedi could simply use the Force before he got close enough.