Star Trek: TITAN: Animated Series

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Geoff Thorne, May 28, 2009.

1. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, I'm reminded of "Experiment 626" (aka "Stitch").

I'd love to see your interpretation of a Caitian (preferably female ;)). Not suggesting she'd be shoehorned into your narrative. Simply that I like your style and it'd be fascinating to see your spin on the species.

Sincerely,

Bill

2. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hsuuri is definitely coming up. I like Caitians too.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool new Arts :) :techman:

4. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to agree with you Geoff, Pava does need more screentime. I know she had some in the Starfleet Academy comic series but should have more in Titan as well.

I honestly don't think Titan is more about the Troi's. I believe its centered around the whole crew.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Commander Red Shirt

Considering that Dr. Hullen is as close to Stitch as the House of Mouse will let them get away with, that isn't surprising. Nice job of keeping the obvious touches while making him an original character.

When do we get Alyssa? I've met Patty, and she's even prettier in person, if that's possible.

6. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep some of the coolest creature movies of the 80's

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey,

I've been considering drawing Zurin Dakal for several months now (yeah...well before I saw this thread!), but I'm actually thinking that now I'll actually pick up a pencil and do it.

Since you're the one that I think most brought Dakal to life (though I also give some credit to M & M as well), I was wanting to get a bit of an idea of how you envision him. How would you describe his height and general build? And I think I missed it--but do we know what color his eyes are? Any particularly prominent facial features (minus the obvious ridges) that I should know about?

I definitely have an image of him in my head--but I would like to be true to the character.

Oddly enough...I have no luck whenever I try cartoon/animated styles. Ever. The only work I'm ever happy with tends to be more realistic in nature, so any vital stats would be helpful. :)

8. Geoff Thorne

I know everybody hates Wesley Crusher (although I don't and never did) but I see Dakal in sort of that vein. Slender, for a Cardassian, average height, studious demeanor. I see him with big thoughtful eyes that are more expressive than average and I think he feels things very deeply even when he doesn't always express them.

9. Titan Designer

Well you can always ad Mr Crusher, since for the Tour Exhibit he was part of the Engineering staff. :rommie:

10. Nerys Ghemor

Very cool...should have a WIP posted tonight. :)

11. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Awwww, he's cute. :)

12. Nerys Ghemor

OK...current WIP on Zurin Dakal.

Based on what you know of him...do you feel like the proportions of the body need to change? I kinda like the face, though, so I'm hoping that doesn't need drastic changes...

Oh, and I modified the uniform. Unlike the TNG jumpsuit, I looked at the current uniform and thought it looked rather...constricting for a Cardassian! So, I made a few adjustments.

[​IMG]

13. Geoff Thorne

Works for me. Keep going.

14. Nerys Ghemor

Cool...I'll work on it as I find time. :)

15. Nerys Ghemor

Well...I found time. :)

I'm afraid my work does not measure up on the technical side at all to yours (me + drawing hands especially = bad), but I still hope that in some way this will capture the wonderful character you detailed for us.

This is for you, Mr. Thorne! :)

[​IMG]

Ogrebear likes this.
  16. Geoff Thorne

You kidding? It's AWESOME.

Well done!

17. Nerys Ghemor

Thanks. :)

I do speak the honest truth, though, when it comes to your technical skills. It's very clear you have the superior understanding of anatomy and giving your characters more lifelike poses. Are there any particular materials or techniques you used to get to that point?

18. Geoff Thorne

Honestly?

I'm self taught. My parents got me a copy of Gray's Anatomy when I was a kid but the best help came from HOW TO DRAW COMICS THE MARVEL WAY and lots of drawing. LOTS of drawing of stuff from real life.

And i'm still crap at cars.

My best friend is a fantastic artist and just watching him work taught me a lot (much the same as reading the work of other writers). Osmosis can't be oversold.

And you have to push out of your comfort zone and draw stuff you know you probably can't at first.

And, of course, I'm still crap at cars.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
    Ogrebear likes this.
  19. Titan Designer

I totally agree. I still have How to Draw the Marvel Way myself. Plus just get out there with a sketch book and draw what you see around you.

20. Jimmy_C

Jimmy_C Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like your Titan bridge! The only thing I might change are the non-command station chairs. Maybe a little wider aisle between the side stations and the tactical station horseshoe too. Otherwise, I think that looks nicer than most of the other bridges on the real Star Trek shows!