Star Trek Timelines

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I got a 5 star Data. Had a choice of Data. Had a choice of Worf and some Xindi.

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Lucky! My only Data is a 2 star, he's level 85 so he's extremely useful but I'd love to get a higher level Data.

3. CaptGrumpy

CaptGrumpy Captain Captain

I've just started playing Timelines. 2 questions come to mind:
    1) Is there a way to progress far without spending a lot. I've heard people say that this is one of the most expensive games to play.

2) Is there any way to start the game over? I'm not real happy with how I'm doing things and want to start again (I'm using the Android version)

4. PhaserLightShow

PhaserLightShow Captain Captain

How do you join fleets? I have Timelines but no way to enter a fleet. Please tell me what to do and where to look on the app. I have it on IOS as well.
    EDIT: Have joined TrekBBS, I am "(Lt. Cmdr.) Lucas Williams" in Timelines

@PhaserLightShow

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  5. LeadHead

There's no doubt this game encourages you to spend money. I know people play it without spending money, but it is difficult to unlock high level characters and ships doing so.

Also, in order to be most effective in the current event format, it requires that you have maximized your shuttle missions. To get to 4 shuttles from the starting 2, that takes spending money.

I haven't spent much on the game, I've bought the monthly dilithium cards for $3.99 which is a reasonable cost to me. It gives me 100 dilithium a day, enabling a premium 10-pull once per week.

The recent addition of Cadet Challenges allows for more chronitons and better gameplay.

I looked through the settings and didn't find a way. I'm not sure how to do that.[/QUOTE]

6. PhaserLightShow

I just joined the TrekBBS fleet as "(Lt. Cmdr.) Lucas Williams"! Anyone see me?
    I look like Lt. Malcolm Reed!

@PhaserLightShow

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. LeadHead

You have joined successfully, I see you on the fleet screen.

PhaserLightShow likes this.
  8. CaptGrumpy

CaptGrumpy Captain Captain

Thanks for the info. $3.99 per month is not exorbitant, It's even reasonable. I've just heard of people spending upwards of $50/hour to play, and that's out of my range. Too bad there's no reset button on the game.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    bbjeg likes this.
  9. PhaserLightShow

What is your Timelines name?

@PhaserLightShow

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I'm in the fleet, but guess the question is: so what? does that mean anything? any value or activity even for being in a fleet? I really wanted to like this game, but it's just farming with Trek pictures. There's really no game play at ALL...

11. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Lieutenant Red Shirt

Being part of a fleet gives you fleet chat and that is all. They are due to add more fleet functionality but there is no eta or hints on what it would be yet!

12. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I know a friend who was stuck with $500 phone bill for playing this game. I've kinder lost interest over the past few weeks. Basically claim dailies and then do other things.

13. Llama

Llama Captain Captain

Not sure what all the complaining about this game is for? Been playing for about a week and I'm addicted. Leveling up is getting tougher as I'd expected, but I've already completed the first 3 campaigns and have gotten good loot on the way - including a USS Defiant in my latest dabo spin.

PS I'm playing FTP so i expect that I'll hit a wall eventually, but I'm enjoying it so far

bbjeg likes this.
  14. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

^^^
    I'll second that, Llama. It's very enjoyable if you judge if for what it is and don't go overboard on the dilithium (unless you want to) - in that regard it's much the same as STO really. Once I got to the point where I decided I liked it, I did invest in the monthly dilithium card - which is quite cheap and seems to be good value for money if you don't mind saving a few days of rewards to buy packs with. It takes time to level up characters sure, but that's part of how this game works.

bbjeg likes this.
  15. Causchy

Causchy Ensign Red Shirt

I've been trying to find the TrekBBS fleet but can't find it. Is it still active?

16. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm liking this game a lot and getting more into this than pretty much anything else I've downloaded over the years for my phone (apart from Futurama Game of Drones which is a lot of fun too).

My Kai Winn is at level 90, and my Wesley is at level 70. But I've managed to max out three characters (promoted Sisko, commando Crusher, and Smiley Miles O'Brien). I am getting a feeling that my future adventures are going to need characters even more powerful than I'm already using.

I have a crew of 42 with a good spread of character traits and species but I can't seem to get much further in the missions I'm doing right now.

Does anyone have any recommendations of powerful characters that will see me well going forward? I'm guessing Q will be powerful if I can ever get hold of him.

17. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I should mention I've also got the monthly card to get the 100 latinum a day too.

18. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

^^^^
    You might want to look up the full crew list on the Timelines wiki for inspiration. You're right in that the high-end missions really require purple personnel, as numbers go into the 500's for episode 7 on normal alone.

I'd recommend saving up your daily dilithium to buy 10-packs from the Portal for a guaranteed purple and leveling them up. That is how I started. Also remember to log in daily to get your free bonuses, including a free purple character if you reach the end of the month. It seems they keep the same one as the end bonus for 4 months, allowing you to max it out for stars completely. The last source for purples is special events. There is generally one purple in your personal rewards that you can get with only moderate participation, if you play well you can get 2 without investing dilithium.

To make leveling easier, I'd also recommend getting some good green characters leveled up to do cadet challenges with. My favorite character for this so far is Ensign Ro (command), who can be used in all 3 types of challenge (being Starfleet, female and non-human).

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I just got into this game. I for one enjoy it alot. It's super addictive. I only bought one monthly card and it seems to be working for me, giving me the gear i need through purchasables at the faction headquarters and the portals.

Is the TrekkBBS squad still up and have room?

I'm currently level 26 and I still only have the Constitution Class, level 4, with a few ship close to having the schematics for, and my top 10 characters:

Seven in Blue - lvl 46 2 star- 153 Science (Borg)
    Security Chief Worf - lvl 46 2 star- 142 Security (Klingon)
    Nurse Paris - lvl 46 2 star - 154 Command (for flight missions)
    CMO Crusher - lvl 46 2 star - 144 Medicine
    Lt Commander Data - lvl 46 2 star - 150 Engineering (Android)
    Chief Engineer La Forge - lvl 46 1 star - 154 Engineering
    Assimilated Tuvok - lvl 46 1 star - 187 Security (Vulcan)
    Groundskeeper Boothby - lvl 51 1star - 151 Medicine (Civilian)
    Promoted Sisko - lvl 53 2 star - 178 Command (Bajoran)
    Enterprise D Picard - lvl 53 2 star - 168 Diplomacy

20. LeadHead

@bbjeg, the TrekBBS Fleet is currently full, 50 of 50 players. I'm of the opinion that many of those players are inactive. I was checking though the fleet members but there's no last login info.

@Timofnine, since you're the fleet Admiral, are you able to see who's active and who's not? I don''t know how the system is set up, but if you're in the market for an Fleet Officer to help contact and remove players who are just taking up space and not playing anymore, I volunteer.