Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.
I wonder if they will do a Doomsday Machine
As long as they don't issue a Gomtuu (aka Tin Man) -- I don't really want to see a small brown turd mounted on my shelf.
That are the Conch Shell thing...
Actually, I'm surprised that more of the Voyager alien ships aren't on the list.
Heh...honestly, I'm glad more Voyager ships-of-the-week aren't occupying much space for this subscription. I found many of them to be repetative and lacking in much inspiration or originality. The ones that count are going to be there - Equinox, Prometheus, Dauntless, etc.
But that's just me...
I think the Voyager ships should only be the main ones - Krenim, Kazon, Malon, Hirogen, Vidiians, the Hierarchy and Borg. Possibly also the Think Tank, the Voth and the USS Raven.
They do have a Species 8472 Bioship in there, plus a number of Borg vessels that first appeared in Voyager.
I keep hoping this will show up in my mail, but keep getting disappointed! Soooooon.
I'm disappointed they've decided to do a Borg Cube, Sphere, etc. So bland. So many other great designs they could be doing instead.
The cube is a subscription bonus that lights up, isn't it? Aside from the sphere, they could do the tactical cube or, best of all, the Queen's diamond.
According to the Memory Alpha Wiki on the subject, the Tactical Cube is planned, along with the bizarro Borg renegade vessel (they call "Type 03") from "Descent". They've already mentioned that they would be adding more than the original run (including the Centaur - something I'm very pleased about). If this series continues to strengthen in popularity, I'm sure they will be lurking the boards out there to see what else people want. It might behoove us here at TrekBBS to start a separate poling thread about which new ships we would like to see that haven't been already addressed. I agree the Queen's Diamond would make an excellent addition to the list.
decades of fun!
I got an email from them today, as well as just general info I knew it had some information on the DS9 special.
Huh...weird...aside from the initial announcement a couple of weeks back, I haven't received any additional emails that look like this.
Time lag between UK and US releases, I suspect.
So DS9 will probably get a US release in January or February then.
Any idea if this will be available for non subscribers?
I'm not sure, while it is subscription only, you might be able to buy it as a back issue from them or from another retailer.
Forbidden Planet UK has the DS9 issue listed.
Has anybody figured out how to get the magazines into the binder? Am i missing something?
Yeah, I made a post about this earlier. Here's the run down:
1) Remove the squarish grid of little peggy things from the spine ends.
2) Each piece of "grill" within squarish thing is 2 pegs. Cut those loose from the squarish thing (knobby thing is part of the peg, so KEEP THAT with pegs), and then separate in the middle. For both squarish things, you will have a total of 36 pegs, but you only need 32, (4 extra if yuo lose or break any.)
3) Unsnap the ends of the spine. (Pry open the little "screwdriver" looking tabs on each spine end.)
4) Feed each peg into the 16 holes from that open side. Tapered end first...not the knobby "nailhead" end.
5) Once you get all 16 in, snap the cover back into place, holding the pegs in place.
6) Now then, this is where it gets kind of tough. Fit the magazines under the pegs on each end at their centerfold page. But in order to do this, you will have to leave one spine end open so that you can slide out the pegs just enough to get the magazine in there, and then the peg back thru there into the magazine. It's harder than it sounds.
It was tough enough dealing with these first couple of issues...I can't imagine what it's gonna be like trying to jam all 16 issues into these folders.
Ha! Yes! Thank you Johnny Rico! After about 15 to 20 minutes of fiddling with it i finally got the 1st 2 issues in! I have no idea how the rest will fit into it.
Separate names with a comma.