Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed.

The lettering on some of the ships is rather square-looking. Are you sure you didn't just mistake an "O" for a "D"?

2. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the NX Refit is out in the US now, I'm going to have to make some phone calls, because I haven't received mine yet.

3. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

On mine, I just discovered it's a D and not an 0, but it's so small to have got unnoticed for over two years for me, so you know, who cares?

4. t_smitts

Well, if you have a birthday coming up, you can ask for one. Ditto for Xmas/Hanukkah/etc.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

What if your family hates you? :eek:

6. t_smitts

Then you probably have bigger problems. :whistle:

7. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

I do not think so because I have not revived mine yet. By the way has it been announced what the next Special is?

8. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

The NX Refit is out in the US as I have mine sitting on the shelf right now.

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yup, mine too. :)

10. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

^ Is that because you received it as a regular special or because you ordered it off the website?

I was just charged another $40 this morning, I'm guessing it must be for the NX special.

11. 137th Gebirg

I ordered it directly from the website. I, too, just got charged $39.95 this morning and was wondering what it was for. I didn't realize that I was going to be getting the refit NX as a part of the subscription; I would have held off if that was the case. Guess I'll be putting this other one up on eBay when it comes in.

12. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, I got charged too! Yay! (Yes, I opted-in for the Specials when I subscribed, too.)

13. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

On but we didn't get a notification that the special was getting shipped out did we?

14. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

I did, on April 14; below is the text. The do seem to be sporadic in their email communications on such things, though.

As a subscriber to the Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection, we are writing to tell you about the upcoming USS Enterprise NX-01 Special!

We are delighted to announce that the next Special Edition model in the fleet has been released! This USS Enterprise NX-01 features Doug Drexler's redesign of the ship, which he hoped would have featured in a fifth season of Star Trek Enterprise. The modified ship is a huge fan favorite and shows how the design of the NX-01 would have gradually morphed into something closer to Captain Kirk's Starship Enterprise. The accompanying magazine is packed with CG renders of the ship and Drexler's own insights into how it was designed.

As a thank you for your loyalty, we are offering you this fantastic special issue for $39.95 with free shipping and handling.

When you subscribed, you opted to receive special issues automatically, so you need not do anything to receive this exciting edition of Star Trek Starships!

The payment of $39.95 will be debited from your account around April 28th 2016. Should you no longer wish to receive the NX-01 Special, please contact us by April 27th 2016. You can call our Customer Service team at 1-800-261-6898 or email us at customerservice@eaglemoss.com. Please include your name and subscription number in the subject line.

15. Sans

I did not get that email, but I do have a charge for 24.99$. May have to call to see what that is.

16. 137th Gebirg

I didn't get that email either, but I do get the usual monthly email for the regular shipments. Love their product, but their communication has always been abysmal from the beginning.

17. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

Well I received the Breen Warship and Voth City ship yesterday. I like the Breen ship much more than I thought I would as they definitely toned down the colors from the original photo that was shown several months ago. It's an interesting design and much different than almost any other model to date (except for perhaps the Romulan Drone and Solar Sail). The Voth ship however, just isn't a very interesting design. The bottom is almost completely flat with no detailing and the entire design just reminds me of a big fat silver raindrop. The original designs seen in the magazine would have been so much more visually interesting with the designers "Flash Gordon" inspired look. This ship is one of my least favorite in the series so far.

Also, regarding their communication, customer support and shipping issues they still have a ways to go. I was shipped and charged for 3 ships this time as they included the Enterprise 1701 Refit #2 issue for some reason. I never ordered another one and it was so random to ship the #2 issue again. I emailed them and they did respond stating I'd get a refund and could keep the ship but the refund still hasn't appeared on my PayPal account. Too bad this extra ship was one of the worst ones produced as I wouldn't have minded an extra E-D, Centaur, etc. just not this one! :(

18. Sans

So, I called EM, and checked about the special. According to the lady i spoke with, the last special was the Kelven, and the next one isn't scheduled until October. I did ask her what it was and she said she didn't know. Had no clue on the NX-01 Refit. To twitter I go...

19. Griffeytrek

Griffeytrek Captain Captain

The next one is probably the USS Franklin from Star Trek Beyond. I think it has been listed as "unrevealed STB ship" or something similar in the past.

20. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

[​IMG] These things are a pain in the butt to organise on shelves and show off! My favourites are the Federation starships, by a long way. Nice to see Nebula, Norway & Akira etc. :)

shapeshifter likes this.