Star Trek S.C.E.

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Patrick O'Brien, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Thanks to Defcon, I was put onto a Chronic Rift podcast by Keith R.A. DeCandido (KRAD) entitled Dead Kitchen Radio. Episode 8 of the series is all about Star Trek S.C.E., and it is full of great insight into the ebooks series development.
    I enjoyed the broadcast and thought I would share with the rest of you who may have missed it. Here is a link: http://chronicrift.com/node/1599

He talks about why the Ship was kept small, character development, different series authors contributions, etc.. And the surprising influence the classic show M*A*S*H had on the series. Very enjoyable listen. Check it out:bolian:

2. Patrick O'Brien

Does anyone know the proper order of the S.C.E. books? I assume Have Tech will Travel, is first in ths series?

3. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You mean the dead tree edition reprints? Yes, Have Tech, Will Travel was the first, and The Belly of the Beast contained within was the first ebook.

4. Patrick O'Brien

^Cool, thanks Sho:bolian: I was thinking of reading the entire series and I wanted to do it in order. Just So I can appreciate the chracter development Keith talked about in his podcast.

5. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I actually think that was handled really, really well, especially in the first half of the series. I have specific examples in mind, too, but it's hard to talk about them without posting spoilers.

6. tmclough

tmclough Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

7. Patrick O'Brien

^Thanks for the link:bolian: