Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

True and I won't even dare go in there with T3 ships, even the new advanced will be beefed up a bit. But that doesn't mean there won't be wriggle room for slightly "underpowered" ships.

And by underpowered I mean T5 ships with ultrarare gear.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I figure T5-U and mk XII gear are probably going to be the new rear admiral T5 and mk X gear in the new elite ques.

Totally capable of handling it and even getting the optional if you know what you are doing, but you just won't by steam rolling everything.

3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope there is, but I'm not betting on it.

4. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Hey guys! I had to stop playing Star Trek Online as I changed my PC to a Mac, however I've just got a new Mac and discovered an OSX version of the game!

I excitedly went to the Star Trek Online webpage and logged in only to find my password didn't work, so I reset it - my account name has been changed from Timofnine to Williamofnine?! Any idea what might have happened? Bear in mind that I have not played in a year or two.... a hacker?? Someone who works for STO hijacking my account?

Not a happy Trekker!!!! :(

5. Timelord Victorious

Mostly likely the change over to perfectworld that did that.
    Many account names back then have been changed for some reason or the other.

Do you have anything of value unlocked on your account that you don't want to lose?

Otherwise you could just try to open a new account with the old name.

Based on how long you haven't played your character specific progression is likely being back to the starting line anyway with all the changes and additions since then.

Might be a good idea to start a new toon over in any case.

Edit: Your ingame @handle is likely unchanged. It's just your PW account name that should be affected.

6. Timofnine

Well I had all of the one off bonus items and the special purchases... I guess I'll just have to start again, I could do with doing so anyway to get back in the flow with it again. I can max out the graphics this time too. :p

7. Timelord Victorious

Well, if you had any store purchases and veteran/lifer benefits I would just take the new name. you never see it while playing anywhere in game.
    it really is just your PW account name which is only visible on the forum.

As soon as you are in game, tell us, so we can reinvite you to the fleet (which has grown a bit ;) )

8. Timofnine

I will do, I definitely want to get back in to the game. I bet that a lot has changed since I last played... unfortunately I still have about 7gb of patching to do.

I definitely don't miss the patching! :p

Can't wait to see what is new! :)

9. Timelord Victorious

Which season was the last you experienced? Anything after Free to Play?

10. Timofnine

I stopped just before free to play.... so it has definitely been a while :P

11. Timelord Victorious

Oh yeah. it is an entirely new game almost.

The whole story progression has been revamped in large parts.
    let alone system additions and features and ships and gear.

You should start a fresh character... or three (one for each faction, since we got Romulans now).

They are running a double XP event right now as a prelude to the upcoming game expansion Delta Rising.

So you can probably level up to 50 pretty quick. long before reaching the end of the story experience.

12. Timofnine

Well it looks like I will have to start playing from tomorrow - I enjoyed it first time around so if they have revamped it all it will be like me playing a 'Directors Cut' haha :p

I'll find you when I get in game, slow downloading though and I have work tomorrow so can't have a late one.

Double XP should help with the grind.

I just can't wait to see the graphics maxed out on my MacBook Pro :p

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Will see how they do the new Elite level, but I don't hold out a lot of hope. Cryptic kinda sucks at implementing challenge increases. What they seem to do instead is just up the stats of the bad guys. No extra challenge to the mission, just let the ships or characters one-shot you repeatedly instead.

Would love to see these missions actually get more complicated instead of just super-powered...

14. Timelord Victorious

BTW, when you find a good piece of gear while leveling, keep it even if you outlevel it fast.

The expansion will introduce an unpgrade system for the first time.

In theory you can turn your entire Mk 0 white gear into Mk XVI Gold/Epic

15. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of the changes they mentioned is that the optionals from the Normal difficulty will become required for Advanced, and they will introduce new advanced optionals. And those optionals will be required on Elite difficulty, and they will introduce more optionals to that.

So while the enemies will probably be tougher, there will also be more to overcome, or fail the mission.

17. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. Timelord Victorious

19. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    ^^I think that's why I'm having trouble thinking about which ship I want to change (aka upgrade) to. There aren't that many 'beautiful' designs to pick from.

Whil I am considering the Dyson Destroyer, Odyssey, Multi-Mission, and Nebula/Megellan....I wish there was a sleek Tier 5 or 6 Constitution-class vessel. While those ships I'm considering have variable qualities that may or may not help me in making a tough sci vessel, the exteriors on some of these vessels leave much to be desired.

20. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey hey! Thanks to my new Xindi-Aquatic carrier, its accompanying fighters, and gear advice from TrekBBS, I managed to defeat Starbase 234! With my last ship, I could only get it down to about half before the timer ran out. I am *definitely* keeping this ship, even with the T6 ships coming soon (and then the upcoming T5-U upgrades!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.