Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Believe me - I shall. Heading to Sydney for a convention. Currently fixing up my Spock costume.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

just had an STF run of Infected.

To make it a fun and interesting game e all showed up in T3 ships (though equiped with endgame gear).

We all died a couple of times thanks to Borg one shots and hellish plasma burn, but prevailed aaand made the optional.

Was a good run, folks.

just the right difficulty level to not be frustrating and still challenging.

[​IMG]

3. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

It was a very good run, nice to use my excelsior again. First time since that toon made captain.

Only died twice thanks to the borg invisible torpedoes. Would be nice to do again sometime

4. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oooh, that sounds like it was fun. I would love to pull out older ships out of the mothballs for STFs.

5. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    So, I finally finished the Dyson Reputation....and was able to get the full Dyson set.

I am a bit disappointed with the 'hunker down' as well as the 'defiance' passive. 'Hunker down' immobolizes my toon - I didn't understand while reading the stats initially - and I wind up using kit powers against opponents flanking me or shooting me point-blank. (Those toon that have some sort of immunity are only slightly affected).

'Defiance' only allows me to use it when I'm below 50% health, and by the time I switch to RPG mode to hit that button....the sniper has got me.

6. Timelord Victorious

Special items I might update of the top of my head.

harg'Pengh torpedo.
    TOS Ground Weapons
    TOS Space Weapons
    Jem'Hadar Space Set
    Shuttle Weapons and Gear

7. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Gear Upgrade System!

In addition to the above article, cryptic devs have also posted the following to further clarify things:

Looks like I'll need to be saving up on dilithium to upgrade ALL my items to gold (epic) quality.

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Though looking at tribble some stuff like the C-store ship consoles are already going to be epic.

9. Hartzilla2007

Well first test of the upgrade system on tribble with a fleet dual beam bank, MACO battle rifle, and Elite fleet phaser pistol to mk XIII.

So far not to pricey dilithium wise using the level 10 tech upgrades (probably becuase I'm only going to mk XIII), and the MACO rifle will be ultra rare and the beam bank will be epic when they upgrade complete tomorrow.

So my plans to casually upgrade my stuff will likely pan out.

10. intrinsical

Not really true... A single application of "Basic Tech Upgrade" costs 700 dilithium, but you need to apply LOTS of tech upgrades. I've seen people mention it will cost anywhere between 11k-60k just to upgrade one item from Mk XII to Mk XIV, probably twice as much if you want to bring it to epic grade. At roughly 30 items per character, that's 660,000-3,600,000 dilithium. I've also heard if you're using "Superior Tech Upgrade", the costs are lower. I'm patching tribble now, so hopefully I'll have more details in a couple of hours.

11. Joel_Kirk

Can I ask a noob question?

What does it mean when a player will do 'something' on tribble?

(I'm also still trying to remember and understand terms like 'proc' and 'agro'...)

:lol:

12. intrinsical

Basically there are 3 servers - Holodeck is the live server where all players are on. Tribble and Redshirt are test servers that's currently only open to gold and silver players (players who have spent money on STO). Right now parts of Delta Rising are on the Tribble server for testing purposes, hence I'm "going on tribble" to try them out :)

And on tribble, applying a single "Basic Tech Upgrade" costs 10,000ec from a vendor on ESD and an additional 700 dilithium to apply the upgrade to an item, which adds 2,000 Technology Points to the item.

The first item I tested on was a Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Bank Mk XII (Very Rare) from the Nukara rep.

Upgrading it from Mk XII to Mk XIII: 106,240 Technology Points
    Upgrading it from Mk XIII to Mk XIV: 212,480 Technology Points

I had to apply 48 of these Basic Tech Upgrades to unlock Mk XIII (I had a few crits that gave 2,500 Technology Points, probably due to my crafting level of 11). Without the crits, I would have had to apply 54 Basic Tech Upgrades, costing 540,000ec and 37,800dil to fill the technology upgrade bar. Once the bar is filled, an actual "Upgrade" button appears and clicking on the button removes the item from my inventory and starts a 17 hour 40 minute countdown timer. Presumably after 18 hours, I'll get my upgraded item. To go from Mk XIII to Mk XIV would require an additional 1,070,000ec and 74,900dil. That's a total of 1,610,000ec and 112,700dil to upgrade it from Mk XII to Mk XIV.

Every time you apply a tech upgrade also gives a small increase (around 0.1%) in the chances of upgrading the quality (say from Rare to Very Rare). After applying 48 tech upgrades, I had a 5% chance of upgrading the qlaity of my Hyper-Refracting DBB. So getting to Epic grade is going to cost A LOT.

Next, I tried is a Mk XI Field Generator Console (Rare). It required 13,650 tech points.
    Omega Force and MACO ground set items, Mk XII (Very Rare) -> Mk XIII required 70,862 tech points each.
    Sonic Antiproton Blast Assault Mk XII (Very Rare) -> Mk XIII required 42,688 tech points.
    Advanced Fleet Tetryon Beam Array Mk XII (Ultra Rare) -> Mk XIII required 72,000 tech points
    Antiproton DBB Mk XI (Very Rare) -> Mk XII required 48,000 tech points
    Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo Mk XI (Very Rare) -> Mk XII required 48,000 tech points
    Tetryon Turret Mk XII (Very Rare) -> Mk XIII required 64,000 tech points

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  13. Joel_Kirk

Thanks, intrinsical....;)

14. intrinsical

A little addenum:

Basic Tech Upgrade adds only 2,000TP. Costs either 10,000ec from vendors or 10 common materials + 2,500ec to craft.
    Improved Tech Upgrade adds 5,000TP. Costs 13 uncommon crafting materials + 7,500ec to craft.
    Superior Tech Upgrade adds 12,800TP. Costs 1 Very Rare crafting material + 4 Rare crafting material + 15,000ec.

So start saving up on rare and very rare crafting materials.

15. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We should plan regular farming expeditions to get the VR that we need. My ship uses cannons / turrets for its weapons, so I am going to need an abundance of Craylon Gas.

Here is a list of the VR particles needed to make the Superior modules.
    Beams - Radiogenic Particle
    Cannons - Craylon Gas
    Engineering - Trellium-K
    Ground - Plekton
    Projectiles - Argonite
    Science - Dentarium
    Shields - Argonite

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  16. Hartzilla2007

Yes, but I was using the Improved Tech Upgrades that cost 950 dilithium to use that can be crafted at crafting level 10, as between my Klingon and fed characters I have at least level 10 in every school at an butload of mats to craft with since you only need uncommons.

This is cheaper then using the basic ones.

17. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

for anyone who missed it, the following code allows you to claim a holo-leeta through arc

spnXI80K

it can then be found in the c-store under items :)

18. Joel_Kirk

I'll try it out!

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i am logged into the ARC website, where am I supposed to put the code?

20. Timelord Victorious

Here:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.