Star Trek Merchandise

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by davidl28, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidl28

davidl28 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

May 12, 2009
    Hello--at the annual Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas this weekend; during the CBS Consumer Products could not help but notice/consider..

a) How are we going to re-energize the fan base with new/younger fans ?

Separately at the San Diego Comic Con--I saw many young kids--clamoring around the Hasbro booth and Mattel booth and the Lego booth looking eagerly at new Star Wars toys...and then when I look at new Star Trek merchandise-- I see Star Trek Salt and Pepper shakers, Wall Clock, Doggie bag dispensers, mugs, and expensive costume/prop replicas..while some of those items are neat,

Not sure kids can really play/want that kind of stuff...

What's amazing is that Star Wars has far fewer hours of content than Star Trek; but much more appealing consumer goods/products than Star Trek and keeps a vibrant fan base growing with cool toys/things that still fly off the shelf.

I recommend that CBS & Paramount: really consider a new Star Trek cartoon series and coming up with a strategy to incl. merchandising to resurrect a younger set of fans.

Comments ? Who else agrees ?

2. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apr 19, 2013
    Didn't I just comment on this thread?
    deja vu
  3. 1001001

1001001 I Like the Beats and the Shouting Moderator

Nov 3, 2001
    People's Gaypublic of Drugafornia
    You already posted this same thread, and I moved it to Future of Trek where it rightfully belongs. I'm not sure why you started it again here, but I am closing this. Here is a link to the ongoing discussion:

"Hailing Frequencies Closed"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.