Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Janitor, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

well i'll be at the london event, at least for one day, probably two... should be a good laugh :)

M

2. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

blah blah yadda yadda.

It's amazing how all these posts from new accounts spring up as soon as you criticise Shamasters on a forum they don't control. Who sent you over here? Joiner? Bedwell?

You people are so funny. Now back you go to your little Joiner sex doll and have a play before I start posting stuff on here that will certainly get the attention of CBS.

3. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The best Star Trek event the UK has ever seen was in blackpool in 2001. There will never be another trek event in this country to ever rival that.

4. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Promise to take lots of pictures to make us envious! ;)

5. carnosoul

carnosoul Ensign Newbie

Nobody 'sent me over here' - I think you'll find I've addressed your problems with other convention organisers too have I not? It just so happens that this is your latest target for venom.

Have a look on Red Carpet. That's how I found out you were here Bear. People are always aware of your behaviour and your threats. EVERY convention organiser that knows how you work is keeping an eye on you. They know you are looking to ruin them and won't stop at anything.

6. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Ok, some people need to calm down in here. Thankfully, most posts have stayed on the reasonable side, thanks for that, folks. Anyway:

Admiral Bear, I understand you've had bad experiences in the past and it's ok to talk about them in here. However, accusing companies of scam or fraud in this way can have legal consequences for our board so I politely ask you not to do it, especially not in the form of this:

which sounds like a legal threat. If you have that sort of information contact CBS if you must but don't drag this board into this possibly legal battle. Thanks.

Also, this:

definetely crosses the line regarding personal insults. I'll leave it at that for the moment because so far, you've been a good poster here, but don't do it again, please.

This is also crossing the line. Accusing other posters of trolling is considered trolling as well. The general rule in here is to attack the post, not the poster. So, please focus on that. Again, I won't issue a warning because you're new but don't do it again.

Sorry for not looking in here earlier, everyone. I hope this topic can be discussed without emotions getting the better of people from now on.

7. Methos

sure... i'll be taking along high res camera so will get plenty of fun shots :D

M

8. Cakemonster

Cakemonster Ensign Red Shirt

What sort of ticket were you thinking about getting? :) I'm unsure as to what to get yet. Think I will wait until autograph prices go up so I can judge how much me going there in it's entirety will cost :)

9. Methos

yeah i'm the same...

give it a few months to figure out what autographs and stuff are costing, and then work it out from there...

M

10. Admiral Bear

As a little illustration of how things "work" over at Shamasters, Hub Productions in Australia have announced that Barbara March has cancelled her appearance at Hub's Trek con this month due to ill health, and that she's retired from doing further appearances. Now, Barbara is/was due to appear at Kleptomania at the start of June with Gwyneth Walsh, and participate in a full Klingon costume photoshoot which Shamasters are charging I think £60 for.

You try posting any of the above information on the Shamasters forum and see how long it lasts before it gets deleted.

11. Cakemonster

I thought Hub's Star Trek event was in October, not this month? can't find one for this month on their website.

12. The Trekster

The Trekster Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

+1000 internetz to you, mr Janitor.

13. Cakemonster

I have a question for Admiral Bear. I was just wondering why it is that you seem to have some sort of personal thing against Showmasters. Did you have a bad experience at a show or is it just that you don't like the way they're ran? It's just that I've been to 6 london shows over the past three years and I've had a really enjoyable experience. The crew were lovely, the fans were great to meet and the whole atmosphere of the event was fantastic :)

I am really looking forward to this event and negative posts like yours just seem to attract the wrong attention, I assume they could even make people reconsider going to an event.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  14. Cakemonster

15. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Man I wish I lived in London.

16. gazomg

gazomg Commander Commodore

Being a feregi you would need to exploit a lot of people to afford a top price ticket

17. Admiral Bear

Dunno about anyone else, but I'll be much happier when someone involved in organising this event decides to book the venue.

18. nacelle

Oh your right Bear. That is a bit worrying. I just went to the Excel site to check and MCM Expo is the only scifi show listed in october. Maybe excel just haven't updated the page yet.

19. Admiral Bear

This is typical Shamasters, I'm afraid. Earls Court never know anything about LFCC until about a month before the event. This has been happening for a few years now. Yet you make any mention of this on their forums and you get the mods on there calling Earls Court incompetent for not updating its website. The truth is that Shamasters haven't made the booking. I'd hoped Media 10 might have made the booking, but there's no evidence of it so far.

If someone else decides to book Excel on the weekend of Trek, I wonder what would happen? Given the behaviour of Shamasters over the years, I'm sure there are one or two organisers in the UK who'd like to do some damage.

20. nacelle

Uh oh. Just been to the earls court/olympia site and LFCC isnt listed there either. There might be a problem since another event is at olympia till july 5th. Lfcc is supposed to be there from july 6-8.
    It doesnt give the other show time to move out and LFCC to set up for the next day!
    Theres nothing at earls court on those dates though. Maybe they will have to move the venue there.
    Shamaster had better get their act together if they expect to have a LFCC in july.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.