Star trek Legacy

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Kevin, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

and we do

2. dark angel_707

dark angel_707 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its been a while now and still no patch for this very poor game. Even a official message saying they were working on it would be nice, its sort of funny, legacy fanboys pretending there is nothing wrong with the game and people of the official site shouting anyone down who says bad about the game

3. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I am stuck on Picard's Stargazer mission. Anyone care to provide some assistance?

4. ktanner3

ktanner3 Guest

Yes, that's a real tough one.Spread your ships out to where they can control an area each.Use the tactical map to keep track of the rocks.You only need to concern yourself with the ones that are clearly marked as dangerous.Your sattelites put a box around the ones that are a threat to the planets.You have to be really good with switching ships, because they don't always attack the right ones.A few hits is all it takes.Blow one up,switch to tactical,choose a ship,switch to the ship,rinse and repeat.

5. ktanner3

ktanner3 Guest

A second patch was released on Feb.9.

6. TerranRich

TerranRich Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I wish my fairly-new computer with its not-that-old video card could play this game. The requirements are ridiculous. My video card can handle a lot of newer games, but not Star Trek Legacy? Pfft.

7. dark angel_707

A proper patch to fix the bad AI, the lobby etc. I have the 360 version not PC, the 1st 360 patch was pointless as it changed some text in the achievements

8. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

Yup, here's a picture I made a while back for someone here. I tend to use a scout ship for the middle section of the mission too. And I think that trying to save the sensor arrays is pretty much impossible!

[​IMG]

It was the mission that took us the most attempts in the game (3-4?) because it's frankly terrible and a lot seems to be based on chance! The final bit is the killer. The game does get mostly progressively better from that point however.

9. Ronald Held

Thanks for all of the advice. I was about to give up on the sensor arrays, but that means destroying every(Or close to) fragment and I do not seem to do that fast enough to avoid losing a planet.
    BTW, I have the PC version.

10. Huntingdon

Huntingdon Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go for the faster ships in this mission. Scouts are best - the heavier warships are too slow for the end part of the mission.

11. Ronald Held

How do scouts have the firepower to destroy the fragemnts?

12. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

The Apollos pack quite a punch.

13. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

They don't take much firepower. Mid-sized ships generally do it in a single phaser blast.

Personally, I used one scout to manoeuvre the weapons platforms and just had a mix of other ships.

14. Ronald Held

I will see how far I can get with all of the advice.

15. dark angel_707

there is now a demo on xbox live if anyone wants to try it

16. McAvoy

McAvoy Captain Captain

Sorry to bring a old topic back up...

I just got the game last week. I originally played it my old Gatway laptop (year and a hlaf old). It ran sort of fine, though it was jumpy. But with the new laptop i bought two days ago, it runs perfect.

Though, I can't stand the controls. It's not even the keyboard controls either, it's the settings. You know you use the ctrl and atl keys, or you double click on a ship to fire at them. The problem with that is the camera moves (or you are or they are moving too fast). That's among everything about the controls. Why couldn't they give an option to use the mouse as a joystick or something?

I can take certain things like bouncy planets and ships. The targeting sucks, I have a hard time figuring that one out.

I find it nice that they took the time to use cannon registry numbers for most of the cannon ships, but I find it funny that once the ship is damaged, it reverts to the what I guess you would call the 'base ship' (E-nil for Constitution class, E-A for Refit and so on).

I'm stuck on the Stargazer mission. I played three times already and got tired of waiting through the five minutes of dialoque since you can't escape out of that, it is fustrating. Asteriod popping is sort of fun.

17. Ronald Held

I am stuck , as well, and gave up months ago.

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I just started playing the game two days ago, and after the patch and a little bit of a learning curve with the controls, I've been having a lot of fun. I'm stuck at the Archer mission trying to destroy the three Romulan ships with the virus, though.

And McAvoy, are you sure you can't skip through that dialogue? Shouldn't a mouse click, or ESC, or spacebar get through that?

19. 26138

26138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been thinking about buying this game, but with all the negative comments about controls, gameplay, etc... I think I might just wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    I've enjoyed what I've seen so far, but you might want to get the XBox version, or wait for it to come down in price. It's fun though, once you figure out the controls.