Star Trek Fan Reboots

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Dec 31, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    True, but BSG never had the same type of massive following as Star Trek did. The majority of fans hate the idea of a complete Trek reboot, which is why the nu-Trek takes place in an 'alternate universe'. BSG left the possibility of the 70s/80s series having taken place in the same universe, but in a different era (the 1980s 'future'), with the concept of "all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."
  2. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

May 7, 2010
    the difference is star trek was good the first time round.

haha i jest, ;P
  3. Garrowolf

Garrowolf Ensign Newbie

Jan 9, 2013
  4. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    I did a kind of soft reboot comic strip because I wanted to tell some stories from the second 5 year mission and I wanted to include Decker and Ilia. I fudged the plot so that V'Ger returned them.

I call it a soft reboot because I have tried to avoid contradicting canon too much but I wanted to try and keep a lid on some of the magical technology that started to take over the plot - I prefer keeping transporters limited to short ranges and only possible from pad to pad or when using a communicator or bio-belt as a localised quantum scanning link.

I also wanted to rip off as many other sci fi shows as possible, starting with Babylon 5 and a few others still to come. :evil: