Star Trek Anthology Films

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Ralphis, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Ralphis

Ralphis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not one of those Star Trek vs. Star Wars guys. I think you can love both as they really are different from each other in many ways. It's not like comparing Pepsi and Coke; it's more like comparing Coke and rum.

But I digress... with Rogue One smashing the box office, and since studio executives seem to think Star Wars and Star Trek are essentially the same thing, I'm thinking there's an opportunity there to do a Star Trek movie not set on a ship named Enterprise. It would be interesting to see the Kelvin timeline through the eyes of a different ship and entirely new characters. It would almost be refreshing in a way.

Although, I realize this probably isn't plausible at the moment. Beyond only made like $344 million at the box office with a $185 million budget. You can make a solid point that there just isn't enough interest in a Star Trek film outside of the iconic characters and the setting of the Enterprise.

But still... if I had Q-like powers, regarding the idea of Star Trek anthology films... I'd make it so!

Just throwing that out there. I'm bored.

2. BillJ

BillJ Fleet Admiral Admiral

With the success of Rogue One, I imagine a Star Trek war movie will be done in the not too distant future. Whether or not it is an anthology is anyone's guess.

3. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Both Paramount President Marc Evans and Doug Jung have mentioned the possibility of a "SEAL Team Six of the Star Trek universe" movie. It definitely something they're considering.

I'd love to see a film about Idris Elba's Franklin MACOs during the Romulan War.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have any faith in them making a good Trek movie of any description.

Rogue One was my favourite seen at the cinema this year despite my disliking The Force Awakens, so it is possible but Beyond was dire.

5. Ralphis

Ralphis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I remember in between the cancellation of Enterprise and JJ Abrams' Star Trek '09, there were plans for a Romulan War movie written by Erik Jendresen. I was actually kind of interested in that idea. Maybe not so much what they pitched, but just the idea of exploring that event. That's what I had hoped Enterprise would eventually lead to. A show from the point-of-view of the MACO's would provide an interesting take.

I still think Future Guy was a future Romulan trying to change the outcome of the war!! (I'm joking - although I did initially suspect that before I realized there wasn't any actual plans for the Temporal Cold War.)