Star Trek 3: The Edge of Forever

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrickyDickie, May 16, 2014.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:vulcan:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Ríu ríu chíu

Ríu ríu chíu Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
    Incorrect on that last bit. Prior to 2233, there ARE no "both timelines". There is only ONE timeline before that. 2233 is the divergence - the point where one timeline becomes two. That's how it works.

3. ClassicTrekkie

ClassicTrekkie Lieutenant Red Shirt

I must respectfully disagree, based on all the quantum theory stuff that Orci was posting over on Trekmovie.com back before ST09 was coming out. On the other hand, like most things, I imagine that it works however the plot at the moment requires it to :)

4. ClassicTrekkie

ClassicTrekkie Lieutenant Red Shirt

As a follow up, here's a link to Roberto Orci's explanation of how his view on alternate timelines work (as of the release of Trek 09).

http://trekmovie.com/2008/12/11/bob...-movie-fits-with-trek-canon-and-real-science/

So, until the writers decide to pitch this in favor of something different to make a story work, there are two complete and separate timelines in regards to Prime-Trek and Nu-Trek. I would have included it in my last post, but I didn't have to time to go digging.