Star Trek 2009 discontinuity from canon.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tirtha2shredder, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

And this somehow conflicts with a Prime continuity that never said anything about whether or not any ships were "super scaled" in 2233?

How is a change happening after 2233 supposed to be evidence of a preexisting alternate timeline?

2. ChowdaHead

ChowdaHead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

you've stated events that happen after kelvin incident. chekovs age, being born after kelvin incident, and where the enterprise was built a couple decades and some years later are both post kelvin alterations. ;)

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cochrane was from Earth, but moved to Alpha Centauri. Seems simple enough. Fits nicely with his abrupt disappearance.

4. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

The cynicism of FC Cochrane was explained pretty well in the novelization. He had a severe case of bipolar disorder, and with WWIII was off his meds, so was self-medicating with alcohol. Watching everything he cared about go up in nuclear smoke made him couch everything in cynical terms, but that a lot of it was an act to help him cope.

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Admiral

FreeDictionary definition of "turban": 1. A traditionally Muslim headdress consisting of a long scarf of linen, cotton, or silk that is wound around a small cap or directly around the head.

Certainly looked like a generic "headdress consisting of a long scarf of linen, cotton, or silk that is wound around a small cap or directly around the head" to me. I never said it was a Sikh turban.

6. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its a non-canon explanation.
    They'll be a non-canon explanation for Khan's ethnicity no doubt. I think its supposed to be in the comics.

7. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

I've no idea how true it is, but I've read here that someone originally wanted Cochrane to be female in First Contact.:wtf:

8. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

Probably Ron Moore.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

If it was Moore, then it probably would have worked really well.

10. Keeper

Keeper Commodore Commodore

From the Metamorphosis script;

Being rejuvenated from a tired old man to a young vibrant man would do wonders for ones appearance and personality, don't you think? Plus it nicely ties in with with his disappearance in Enterprise.

To the OP, It's a reboot. If something in NuTrek aligns with canon then do a happy dance. If something doesn't align then our options are simple; like it or lump it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  11. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Cochrane a female? That was Brannon Braga. He didn't know TOS, and when he and Moore were writing FC and looking for a love interest for Picard suggested Cochrane because he thought he was a she.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk The Real Me Premium Member

By "different" I assume you mean an actual personality. ;)

13. Franklin

Franklin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He was a she? That would've been a walk on the wild side. ;)