Star Trek 2009 discontinuity from canon.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tirtha2shredder, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Mar 10, 2010
    And this somehow conflicts with a Prime continuity that never said anything about whether or not any ships were "super scaled" in 2233?

How is a change happening after 2233 supposed to be evidence of a preexisting alternate timeline?
  2. ChowdaHead

ChowdaHead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oct 7, 2013
    you've stated events that happen after kelvin incident. chekovs age, being born after kelvin incident, and where the enterprise was built a couple decades and some years later are both post kelvin alterations. ;)
  3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

May 10, 2005
    The visitor's bullpen
    Cochrane was from Earth, but moved to Alpha Centauri. Seems simple enough. Fits nicely with his abrupt disappearance.
  4. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

May 22, 2001
    The People's Republic of Austin
    The cynicism of FC Cochrane was explained pretty well in the novelization. He had a severe case of bipolar disorder, and with WWIII was off his meds, so was self-medicating with alcohol. Watching everything he cared about go up in nuclear smoke made him couch everything in cynical terms, but that a lot of it was an act to help him cope.
  5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Admiral

Jun 30, 2004
    New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
    FreeDictionary definition of "turban": 1. A traditionally Muslim headdress consisting of a long scarf of linen, cotton, or silk that is wound around a small cap or directly around the head.

Certainly looked like a generic "headdress consisting of a long scarf of linen, cotton, or silk that is wound around a small cap or directly around the head" to me. I never said it was a Sikh turban.
  6. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apr 19, 2013
    Its a non-canon explanation.
    They'll be a non-canon explanation for Khan's ethnicity no doubt. I think its supposed to be in the comics.
  7. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Nov 5, 2008
    I've no idea how true it is, but I've read here that someone originally wanted Cochrane to be female in First Contact.:wtf:
  8. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

Jan 12, 2008
    Probably Ron Moore.
  9. Casting Couch

Casting Couch Admiral Admiral

Feb 12, 2011
    Gene's office
    If it was Moore, then it probably would have worked really well.
  10. Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington Commodore Commodore

Nov 16, 2007
    From the Metamorphosis script;

Being rejuvenated from a tired old man to a young vibrant man would do wonders for ones appearance and personality, don't you think? Plus it nicely ties in with with his disappearance in Enterprise.

To the OP, It's a reboot. If something in NuTrek aligns with canon then do a happy dance. If something doesn't align then our options are simple; like it or lump it.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  11. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Jun 20, 2003
    Bloom County
    Cochrane a female? That was Brannon Braga. He didn't know TOS, and when he and Moore were writing FC and looking for a love interest for Picard suggested Cochrane because he thought he was a she.
  12. Zombie Cheerleader

Zombie Cheerleader Nerys Myk Premium Member

Nov 4, 2001
    JJ Abraaaaains
    By "different" I assume you mean an actual personality. ;)
  13. Rootin' Tootin' Putin

Rootin' Tootin' Putin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aug 22, 2006
    He was a she? That would've been a walk on the wild side. ;)