A quick look back at the surface detailing paintover I did a while ago: And now an identical view of the actual 3D model in its current state: A different view showing some of the most recent updates: The key components here are the upper and lower sails, which have very nearly driven me insane with all their organic curves and intricate contours. The bad news is that I've rebuilt the damn things at least a dozen times. The good news is that I have now done it for the last time. Except for minor tweaks, the outer surfaces are finally finished. For those who may have wondered at the overall construction of the mesh, here's a couple more revealing wireframes: Those sails alone represent about 20 hours of additional work over the last two days. I'm taking the rest of the weekend off.