stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alibee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

As much as I like Karl Urban, I do prefer DeForest Kelley as McCoy.:drool: As for sharing.....hmmm, well I guess that would be the polite thing to do......

No, we are not the same person but it seems there is someone else who loves McCoy.

Yeah, you can't make fun of McCoy.....I warn you, you tease DeForest Kelley and I'll be like Major Kira in one of her really angry moods :mad:

2. Nurse Marmalade

Nurse Marmalade Lieutenant Red Shirt

That was so helpful. Thanks!! :techman:

BTW, are you a Married With Children fan? Your screenname is making me curious.

I thought Karl Urban was the best actor in ST 2009. IMO, he was spot-on as McCoy. (I also remember him from his Xena days!) He is cute but not as attractive as Kelley. ;)

How do you feel about McCoy's loves? Natira, Tonia, etc....

And yeah...be careful, Bro, or you could wind up with two angry McCoy ladies on your hands... :devil:

3. kirsten187

Tonia Barrows was cool but I've been writing fan fic stuff with a totally new character for McCoy.

4. Nurse Marmalade

^ That sounds cool. Would you mind it if you shared a synopsis of your story? What kind of character is she?

5. BrotherofShran0

BrotherofShran0 Lieutenant Red Shirt

You should know me by know Nurse ... I like trouble and being bad. ;)

however, in the interest of interstellar peace, I will leave the good doctor alone ... for now.

6. kirsten187

^Forever you mean? He's ours.

7. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, i am indeed a Married with Children fan.

8. DatasGirl

DatasGirl Ensign Newbie

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah SmoothieX, I noticed during the episode "The Most Toys" that Data was holding a phaser in his left hand, after that I paid more attention to it and realized that Brent is a leftie -like me. I already liked Data, but that gave me another reason to like him! :D

9. kirsten187

My stories aren't that great. I just kind of write them as I go but the girl for McCoy always stays the same.

10. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Everyone knows that we lefties are vastly superior to righties. ;)

11. Nurse Marmalade

I know you love and respect the Doc, so I'm sure you put in a lot of thought and care into your stories. Don't be hard on yourself. ;)

12. kirsten187

Being negative about myself is something I do very, very well. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember (say, the mid 1980s - maybe somewhere between 1984 to 1987. I was only born in 1980). I go through times thinking I am the most useless, worthless person ever.

13. Nurse Marmalade

Why do you think you're useless and worthless? Sometimes I'm intensely harsh on myself too...I'm my own worst critic. However, though I've only known you for a very short time, judging from your posts, you sound like a kind and intelligent person to me.

(By the way, we're close in age; I was born in 1983.)

Remember what McCoy told Kirk: "In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million earth-type planets...and in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this one. And in all of that, and perhaps more, only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And not only that, but she enjoys the SHOUTING! I strongly recommend that you join in the SHOUTING! as well. :) (hint: it's in the ST XI forum)

Oh and I like your username very much. :)

15. kirsten187

I'm shy, have low confidence and self esteem, which sometimes leads me to thinking that I'm rubbish. It's something that has improved since I left school in 1997 (can't believe that was 14 years ago - GAH!) but it probably won't go away completely.

I only SHOUT in the appropriate thread though, unless something has annoyed me :scream:

16. FB92

FB92 Cadet Newbie

Hey

Hey all. FB here. I'm 19 and live in New Zealand. Real name is Aaron :) Hope to enjoy my stay.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Re: Hey

First things first: this is NOT the place for this kind of thread! Get the hell out of here, n00b! :klingon:

Just kidding. There's a thread stickied at the top of the page for these kinds of introductions, but I hope you enjoy your time here. It's an awesome place.

18. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

So what does FB stand for?

Other than Facebook. And Fun Bob?

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Welcome to TrekBBS, FB. Don't hesitate to jump right in to any topic and I hope you enjoy yourself.

I'm just going to merge this thread with the "Stalkin' My Peeps" thread up at the top of the forum; that's where we greet new members here.