St Patrick's Day question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Roshi, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Geez, thank you for the "I'm not Mexican, so I ain't celebrating Cinco de Mayo" sentiment.

Absolutely useless.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am sure the food is much better at Cinco de Mayo.

3. Gryffindorian

No doubt. ;) This weekend I did eat my share of corned beef & cabbage. BTW, I'm 100% Asian but can be multicultural.

I guess I'm like Peter Griffin when he decided to become a Muslim.

Cue tonight's episode of Family Guy.

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Sorry, I tried to ignore stuff in this thread but there were too many things bugging me so I'm going to go into Kestra scolding mode for a minute.

You have people in this thread laying the history out for you and all you seem to manage is a virtual shrug. It doesn't matter if you're in Ireland or Illinois, try remembering that it's offensive and stop using it. I understand being ignorant but you act as if you take pride in that ignorance.

Stay classy.

It's really not appropriate to come into a thread about a holiday and revel in the fact that you didn't celebrate it and are happy about that. You don't need to celebrate it or care about it, but posting like that is annoying at best.

5. Finn

Finn Vice Admiral Admiral

Kestra Smash!

p.s. I agree with you completely, Kestra

6. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Moderator

:lol: That web-site is brilliant! I'm still not used to the use of Patty for Patrick here in Canada.

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been to the factory in Vermont when I lived there if that counts for anything.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your pilgrimage had been noted.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I apologize if I seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just careless. :alienblush:

I suppose it was just an instinctive reaction to all of that green junk taking up two or three aisles in my own store.... :lol:

And I must admit that I wouldn't go for German celebrations either, even though I am of that persuasion. I really have no desire for Oktoberfest, for example. Although I'd go for a parade (German OR Irish or whatever ethnic group is putting it on) if I happened to stumble across one in New York City! :techman:

10. Gryffindorian

No one here is forcing you to celebrate St. Patrick's or Kwanzaa or Oktoberfest. If a thread on a holiday or occasion doesn't affect you personally, then don't post. It's as simple as that. You don't have to go out of your way to tell the whole world you don't celebrate it, which contributes nothing to the heart of the discussion.