Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

All of those previous TPR spoilers were revealed to be complete crap. They were only taken seriously in the first place because they sounded plausible, but apparently they were pure speculation on the part of some random IMDB poster.

2. Timby

Timby LIKE LIGHTNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING Administrator

Reports are saying that the finale ends with a strange coda, which lends credence to the "present-day NYC" story. :(

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That was how it ended. HeadBaltar and HeadSix were revealed to be angels sent by God to help humanity reach Earth. They were on Earth when the bones of Hera were found in Africa.

4. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Entering and posting in this thread for the first time ever. How novel. Better get out before "The Plan" spoilers start rolling in.

5. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

So it turns out that those spoilers posted were totally inaccurate in several major cases but weirdly correct in others ... makes you think that the poster only saw a few 5 minutes segments of the actual episode ... :wtf:

"Adama stays with Roslin aboard the ruins of Galactica, where she dies"? Um, no.

150,000 yrs later to NYC? Yes.

"Cavil gives them the location of a planet he knew of". Way off.

And yet he pretty accurately described the raid on the colony (save for his description of Helo's fate).

so how could he be so accurate on several aspects but completely off on others? Good speculation?

You have to guess that he never saw any of the episode, because he got one MAJOR aspect wrong (about Kara and Baltar being siblings, and the children of Daniel).

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Maybe the guy read a very early draft of the script, or an early outline?

Or maybe he worked from spoilers we had, and episodes that had come before, and came up with some logical speculation.

Or maybe he was just bullshitting us all, and got lucky.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I read somewhere that Tahmoh petitioned them to change his ending so that Helo survived. Stockwell did the same with Cavil (Tigh was going to kill Cavil in the original script).

That would have been pretty gross considering they had sex in season one.

8. Timby

Correct on both counts. As originally scripted, Helo bled out on the deck and died, while Tigh flung Cavil off the upper deck of the CIC. Dean Stockwell called Moore and suggested the suicide, while Penikett said that after all of the shit Helo went through, he didn't want to go out like that.

9. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm quite glad Helo survived, he did go through a hell of a lot, and he ended up being one of my favourite characters. Couldn't give less of a shit about Cavil, though.

10. Campe98

Campe98 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ya know, I loved the finale, but what was sincerely lacking in it was any sense of real danger... They needed to kill one of the regulars (not Racetrack) very early on in the battle to give the idea that, hey, these guys aren't safe. Didn't necessarily need to be Helo, but it needed to be someone.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The problem is they spent season four killing of three prominent secondary characters (four if you count Zarek): Gaeta, Dualla, and Cally. Season three was spent killing off prominent tertiary characters: Duck, Jammer, and Kat. Out of the main characters, Starbuck was already dead, Roslin was dead by the end of the epiosde, Lee and Bill survived, Six and Baltar survived, and Athena lived/Boomer died.

So, I agree with you, but who would be killed doesn't immediately leap out to me.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here; I always rooted for him.

13. Campe98

Campe98 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And I agree with that sentiment. Its hard from the outset as to who that might be. I figure take a page from Serenity and kill the one character who you would least expect to kill and I've been thinking on this one for awhile: I think it should have been Lee. It should have been done in front of Kara, who would have gone all berserk. You change some story points around to have Kara make it to CIC as well, or at the very least contact Adama to let him know his son didn't make it. In fact, I like that better. Just as that's happening, you see Cavil's forces break into CIC and Bill goes apeshit. You continue on with the rest of the story as is, with the exception of having Bill lose everyone, which makes his desire to be alone even more understandable: his son's dead, Kara disappears (either to him or to Tigh) and Roslin is about to die. It makes the emotion even more resonant because out of the main 4, Adama's the only one to survive.

Or it could be Helo. Have it be definitive and tie it in with Roslin's story. Have her put the black X on his head. That packs a punch, and makes it resonate in a different way.

Either way, it says it could happen to anyone. I even thought during part where Cavil's in CIC and Baltar's waxing intellectual that Cavil was just gonna say, "Moron" and shoot Baltar in the head.

14. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hello all! :rommie: This is my first post in this thread...I figured, why the frak not?

Oh please - like they didn't all go through shit? Helo's such a whiner and not to have him die was a cop-out. I hope he got eaten by a pack of hyenas. (It's a given that anyone injured like he was, in a wild environment with no medical help - thanks a lot, Lee! - wouldn't last long.)

And Cavil's suicide was more surprising than Tigh killing him, but really out of character.

Oops! Didn't think of that. :p

15. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I have your "Plan" spoilers right here; Cavil's plan doesn't work out!

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

So was he upset Helo was going to die period or that he wasn't going out in a blaze of glory?

17. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Bastard!!

:)

18. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Is everyone forgetting Anders died too?

19. Timby

But no one cared about Anders.

Anders didn't care about Anders.

20. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I think it was perfectly in line with his character. There's no way Cavil would allow himself to be killed off by a bunch of inferior humans.