Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hee, I only just noticed that `baltar' is an anagram for `labrat'!

Not particularly interesting in and of itself, but it would be funny for Final Cylon purposes. :lol:

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If I remember correctly Adama and Tigh met in a club.

3. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really starting to like the Boomer theory. If the Four can be hiding among humans, who's to say the 5th isn't hiding among the Cylons?

There was an interview recently where Grace said RDM had to sit down and explain the story to her. I wonder if that's because Boomer is particularly important?

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems that the Series finale will be filled with flashbacks...

http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/insights/spoilers/season4/420.html

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I was right on board with all those spoilers, until I read the words "From IMDB." I'll take that news with a huge grain of salt until I see verification from somewhere else.

6. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

I don't think much salt is necessary; the BSG wrap video also seemed to point at lots of flashback scenes (Cally, Ellen, Kat, Tigh with 2 eyes). The IMDB info, while we don't know for sure if it correct, only seems to fit with what we have seen in that video.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'll remain skeptical. I've been following spoilers for 24 for too many years to believe anything found on IMDB.

8. bigdaddy

Me too, but it fits. IMDB is terrible, they have one woman listed for some show that she wa sonly in eight episodes. She was on the show at least 5 years, each 20 episodes.

9. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Those photos are all fantastic, wish they where higher res!

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Kirsten Dunst's guest shot on 24.:wtf:

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

What about Leslie Hope's return to the show as Aunt Carol? :lol:

12. batboy853

batboy853 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i'm sorry but thats not an older actress thats RDM
    [​IMG]

13. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

14. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw Edward James Olmos in Toronto today, he spoke for about an hour and Aaron Douglas unexpectedly crashed the Q&A about 10 minutes in...It was probably the best hour I've ever seen from a celebrity convention appearance.

Anyway, they both said what I've seen posted a couple of times, that the final episodes of the show are dark and that "it gets bloody, a lot of us don't make it."

15. B_L_T

B_L_T Lieutenant Red Shirt

Wow, I am very jealous of you, I wish very much to see Edward James Olmos in person one day

16. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

The August issue of SFX magazine has an interview with Aaron Douglas in which the actor gives away massive, massive spoilers about one of the deepest mysteries of the show (though not the identity of the final Cylon, to be sure - it's more important than that). Unless Aaron is bullshitting us (seems unlikely in an interview published in a fairly well-known magazine), this explains a thing or 2 about the Cylons. I don't have the issue, but someone on another forum kindly provided this description (and a bit of speculation about it):

(be sure you want to read this before you do)

Some comments of my own:

We did see the "real" Earth in Crossroads - with America clearly visible. I suspect this planet will turn out to be "the promised land", "new Earth" and what they call Earth in the show will be what they call Earth, in-show.

The spoilers are consistent with a much earlier one (from Ausiello) that said the name of the 13th tribe was "Cylon". Given that technology like the Hub appears to be a one off, I would not be surprised if this technology was inherited from the 13th tribe, and the humanoid Cylons, at least, are copies (technology-wise) of the Cylons of the 13th tribe.

17. bigdaddy

It fits into what we know/heard, but I can't say it makes a lot of sense.

18. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Doesn't really surprise me I have to say, and it does track to a certain degree.

The only surprise for me is that AD was so happy to disclose the information already.

Interesting though.

19. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6557
    This is the link to another forum, where Werthead (who posted this originally) also provides the relevant part of the transcript, verbatim.

I guess Moore and co don't mind this too much, it's extra hype for them. It looks like Aaron will have a very important part in the upcoming movie, anyway.

20. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Here is the transcript itself:

Now, we also know that Three has said only 4 are in the Fleet.

Following the idea that 1 colony (Cylon) went to Earth and the rest went to the 12 Colonies, I wonder if this accounts for what Three said...

4 of the Final Five went to the Colonies.
    1 of them found the Cylons.

Ergo, Three says 4 are among the Colonists, and 1 is, presumably, among the Cylons.

So, the division between the 4 and the 5th is a repetition of the pattern within the Cycle of Time itself.

Maybe this holds the key to Cylon Evolution. The Fifth, finding the Toasters, intended to start a "new" race of Cylons in its own image, leading to the Skinjobs, in the same way that the original 13th tribe established Earth and evolved into the "final five" type of Cylons.

Something may have gone awry with its plan. The Cylons, like Number 1, turned on it and set about their own plan - the destruction of humanity itself.

Also, the Four heard the music, because they used it as a signal to reactivate their Cylon consciousness as they neared Earth. Presumbably the reason, then, the Fifth, if we've seen it, didn't hear it is because it is still aware of who and what it is. It never turned itself "off" in that way, so it didn't need the music.

So, the question remains is whether or not the Final Cylon, assuming it found the Toasters, left them. If so, then that would, in fact, account for the discrepany in the numbers 1 - 6, 8. Maybe Number 1 is, in fact, lying about the numbers, that is, the Final Cylon is "Number 1" and the rest follow in line after it. Cavil has simply coopted the number for himself, perhaps. At the same time, Three may think the Final Cylon is among the Cylons, but because it left (maybe in a different body than the one that it was using when it first met them), she simply isn't aware that it's gone.

On this view, the Final Cylon could well be the Virtual that we've seen, or it could be one of the physical characters. I still lean toward Dualla, if it is a physical character, but, if not, then IMO, the next most likely candidate is that it is the Virtual model we've been seeing.