Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    That works for me too.

I don't really care if Dee is/isn't a Cylon, I just want to see her get a decent story.

If the final Cylon is Zarek for example, I could see Dee trying to assassinate him. That would be really interesting to watch imho.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Dee trying to assassinate Zarek? Me like. :evil:

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dee being the final Cylon would be a total letdown. I can barely think of a less interesting choice.

4. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Shiny like another chrome toaster??? (Hint, Hint)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  5. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^My thought was, "Like Tryol's new do." ;)

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Screw it...

Dee has a very important storyline in season 4.5, soi she will be doing something.

7. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Nor would I. I've thought it was Dee since she was first revealed to have the first name Anastasia (in Ancient Greek there is a word very similar to it that means resurrection).

9. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Great news: I have read a description of the hulu-exclusive clip for "Revelations" (not on Youtube yet). I haven't seen it myself, but if the description is correct, D'Anna demands that 4 (not 5...) Cylons are allowed to go the baseships (and they hold Roslin hostage until they are allowed to do so). She also says she is already in contact with them (not true, but she does make eye contact with Tigh and Tory - she knows).

So, it is looking a lot like the Final Cylon is not in the fleet. That leaves us with the following options (if I am not missing anything, and D'Anna is correct):
    -a "dead" character
    -Someone already on the baseship (most of those are on the last supper, or extras; Seelix comes closest as viable candidate, but that would be anticlimatic IMO)
    -the final Cylon is a known Cylon already, but the model number is not what it appears to be

D'Anna ignored Boomer during the short time she was alone with her on the hub, but it still makes me wonder if she could be the final Cylon (per the 3rd possibility above). D'Anna has seen her; if she is the 5th, she would know that at most 4 Cylons could be in the human fleet still. Allthough then I don't know why she didn't make the slightest attempt to get Boomer to come with her.

A dead character could be intriguing as well (but how could they come back?). Cain, Shaw, Billy,...

10. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Oh please, not Billy. Anyone (except Starbuck's mother :lol: ) except boring old Billy. Boomer would be a clever choice since she's so different from the other eights.

Like I posted in the final cylon thread, if the final cylon were Caroline Adama, she wouldn't have to come back from the dead to affect story. The ramifications would be played out through her offspring. A hybrid is president of the colonies, Tigh would be f'ing pissed since Lee was willing to airlock him, and because Bill's protective instincts for his son would most likely trump any mistrust of Lee. Tigh would say, "Why didn't you trust me, etc. etc.?"

11. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Oh, that's an interesting idea. And she could even possibly be some kind of avatar for this Zoe Graystone character from "Caprica". That's indeed a possibility I overlooked, and quite some out-of-the-box thinking.

However, would D'Anna be able to recognize her? How would she be certain she isn't a person somewhere in the fleet?

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

You can't get hulu in Belgium?

For the USA I guess it's.... http://www.hulu.com/watch/22456/battlestar-galactica-battlestar-galactica-ep-revelations

I think you are over thinking it, I think she knows only four know they are and she doesn't want to out the final one before it's mission is complete.

I hope if it's a dead character it's Cain, I love her.

13. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

A thought, the final five cant resurrect because there arent any spare bodies of that version, othewise everyone would know who there were in the cylon fleet.

But what if the one that was killed, lets say it was Ellen, her memories jumped to the next nearest skin job, the six Tigh has knocked up.

And slowly it is taking over her mind, becoming the dominent personality, and thats why Tigh see's that six as his wife, because he recognises the parts of her personality.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Now that is a very intriguing idea.

15. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Hulu is blocked outside of the US (or perhaps North-America), allthough there are ways round that. Anyway, a Youtube version is up now: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hGFNu_HZ-tw

The problem with D'Anna waiting for some mission to complete, is that prior to seeing their faces in her whole resurrection ritual, she knew next to nothing about the 5. Now she obviously recognizes them (or at least 4), but why would she suddenly know about their secret plans/missions/whatever, that they don't even know themselves? And the rebels have always talked about all 5 of them to come join them, and were convinced all 5 were with the humans. Why suddenly only ask for 4?

The most straightforward explanation is that D'anna has recognized the final Cylon and that she is aware of its current status - and that it is not in the human fleet, either because she saw it with the Cylons (hub or rebel baseship, including Roslin and Seelix and co) or because she knows this character died (I suppose she knows about Cain, Billy and Ellen as fairly well known figures within the fleet and by extension probably known to the Cylons, who had plenty of spies with the fleet, as well).

16. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

There are 3 ways around that that I can see:

1. One of the final five models is identical or largely identical in "hardware" to a known model (would go for my Boomer theory); any slight differences could be covered up by some manipulations in the downloading process that could have been programmed by "the original programmers". The 7 would not have to notice, as they don't seem to know their own technology all that well (why only one hub, for example, if they know how to build one?).

2. The final five models do exist in the resurrection ships of the 7; however, since the 7 have been programmed to not think of the 5, they may also have been programmed to not notice/ignore/forget about the existence of those other models. They could literally resurrect and walk out (well, with a heavy raider or so...) with the 7 not realising any of this, that way

3. There is another set of resurrection technology in play, exclusive to the 5. However, if it has the same range limitations as the equivalent tech used by the seven then how would it stay in range most of the time?

17. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ I would go with point 3, but I would point out that the Five are believed to be from Earth, and probably much older than the others. I would further speculate that the skin-jobs are "found" tech and the Cylons who developed them don't fully understand the technology and the Seven are just a pale shadow of what they once were.

Another idea is that they don't resurrect in the same way. Perhaps they reincarnate in a descendant that inherited enough of their traits to be considered one of them.

18. Klagg

Klagg Captain Captain

The scene does not play quite that way. The airlock was Tigh's idea.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Just saw it online. Just...fucking...wow. Best since Exodus II.

20. Magisterfrodo

Magisterfrodo Vice Admiral Admiral

I posted this in another thread, but I'll re-post it here since the fifth Cylon is actively being discussed.

What if the fifth Cylon is Hera? She's been a major storyline almost since the beginning. She actually seemed to want to go to the Six. Notice during the celbratory scene of today's episode the camera zooms in on her and she has a very distant look on her face (even for a toddler). D'anna lied when she said the fifth wasn't in the fleet, partly because she knew Hera could not come of her own free will and partly because she knew Athena would not vie her up. The Six in the holding cell clearly said the Five were in the fleet. If Hera were hearing the music at the end of season three, she might not have had any way of communicating this or acting on her impulses.

We already know that she is "the shape of things to come", and that whoever is manipulating things wanted her to come into being. Perhaps her body is some kind of host to the consciousness of the final Cylon.