Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

^ No, it doesn't scream "cheesy Trek writing." In fact, it'd be pretty dull if the Cylons were just stuck with raiders and Basestars, which is why I liked the addition of the heavy raider. Besides, the Cylons have enough resources and brains to build stuff like a super-Basestar.

2. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the idea of them using Basestars, Raiders, and Heavy raiders. They don't need a thousand ships for a thousand reasons. Seeing as how they have ground troops they're rather like the colonials. Colonials=Battlestar, Raptror, Viper. Cylons=Basestar, Raider, Heavy Raider.

This makes sense. BSG is a drama first, not a total scifi show where they constantly revise the continuity and add in more flash.

3. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

So, did you have a problem with the addition of the Super Star Destroyer in The Empire Strikes Back?

4. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

A. We do not know it is a Cylon ship. It could be the Galleon. Remember, Boomer said that the Cylons knew more about the Colonials religion than the Colonials and they were using the sacred texts and other sources the Colonials didn't have. They went to the trouble of telling the story of the exodus from Kobol and naming the ship. The Cylons may have found the Galleon adrift in space. The "resurrection ship" might be a referent to the Galleon. As a result of her mission in the exodus, the human civilization was resurrected on the 12 colonies; she was abandoned and set adrift among the stars. Now, she has been resurrected by the Cylons who are using her.

B. Another possibility: The Colonials are capable of building large stations like Ragnar. It stands to reason the Cylons have a similar capability. This ship could be some sort of command and control hub. In TOS, Gamoray was their outer capital. If they are borrowing at least a few bits from TOS, then this could be the new BSG's equivalent concept. Rather than a large city on a conquered world as in TOS, the Cylons have constructed some sort of large mobile command center the size of say, Ragnar Station. Whereas Ragnar is parked, this one isn't parked.

5. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nice! Its always nice seeing the cast be themselves.

Thinking about the whole DNA thing, its going to be a bugger for all those who've been screaming that Roslin's a cylon. After this, I guess depending on how the test works exactly, its more than likely that if she were tested, she'd come up positive (assuming the fetal DNA isn't absorbed). What a great way to hide if you were one!
    And just for clarity I don't think Roslins a cylon at all, I just thinks its going to be interesting seeing the implications of this. Like I'd love to see if Roslin changes her tune with Cylons a little, softens her attitude a bit. Whats the chances she'll do the whole, "Throw that thing out the airlock" again without any hesitation. How will Adama and other people in the fleet "see" her? I could imagine a fringe group coming out with, "the President's a cylon now, we can't trust her."

And as for the bigger ship tailing the RTF with the basestars. Why not have a bigger ship. If you were the Cylon God wouldn't you want a nicer ship than a basestar. Okay, smaller could be nicer. But you know gods. Always wrapped up in their sense of self-importance. ;)
    (And no I don't know that what the other ship is, just speculating.)

6. bunnyborg

bunnyborg Captain Captain

Damn you!! :devil:

I am way too hooked on spoilers now. They are just so juicy, and ya can't stop at just one... :devil:

I was a surprised to learn of the identity of the prisoner on Pegasus (I found out just today and it was confirmed by James Callis in the interview). I haven't seen anyone mention it here, so I suppose it has been talked to death already. Very kewl news, IMO. I am looking forward to seeing how Baltar deals with this situation.

7. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Man, it took a while to find this thread again.

Well, as of today, there's a new video blog over at Sci-Fi. Not really spoiler heavy, but some neat behind the scenes stuff with some of the standing ship sets, Vipers, Raptors, etc.. Still, fun stuff. As of this posting, no RDM podcast for episode 02x09. Weird, huh?

Thought I'd bring it to folks attention.

Also, any more juicy spoiler floating around out there? Spoiler Hounds want to know... :devil:

Q2UnME

8. Lucky Red

Lucky Red Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yea, things do not look all well on the spoiler front.
    One bloody addition in a long while. I was hoping this thing was going to carry me through to January

9. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Yup, it's a wasteland out there... :(

10. Iarfirithwen

And I suspect the wasteland will get bigger and drier until December when they'll start rolling out piccies etc for the second half of S2.
    :drool:

In the mean time:

What's New

9/20 -- "I'll be filming two more episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Don't know yet when they're going to air. Thought you'd like to be the first to know. -- Lucy"

From the Lucy Lawless Fan Club

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Polly want some spoilers? :evil:

This all takes place sometime in the second half of Season Two, probably some time around 213-215ish.

Ellen, Billy, Dualla and Apollo are taken hostage by someone named Sesha (and others).

They want Sharon. They want to kill her because of what the Cylons did (The war).

Apollo is wounded (seriously) at some point. (Dualla cares for him...more on this relationship bit in the other thread)

Adama sends the dead Boomer (from the morgue) to Sesha.

Dead boomer is brought there by Marines disgused as medics (or maybe they went there as an agreement to help Apollo)

Sesha, figures out that it's the dead Boomer.

The Marines pull out their hidden guns.

A firefight breaks out.

Billy is shot in the back (sounded serious... he might be dead)

Sesha is killed..( I think)

Adama comes in, gets medics for Apollo.

Apollo wakes up on Galactica, with Dualla by his side.

Nifty. :thumbsup:

12. Iarfirithwen

Yeh, see, when I said that before I was forgetting Caravaggio's ability to get hold of scripts as the show is being cast/filmed.

(and somebody bet me to crossposting over here :p :D )

13. Dorian Thompson

Oh man, that is going to be some terrific angst when Adama is contemplating trading the cylon for his son. I'm loving those spoilers. Bill will be on edge; Tigh will be on edge because of Ellen.

Campbell's pilot may have gotten a pick up as a mid season replacement. Moore did say there would be another significant death. Maybe poor Billy will bite it. It would be cool if they revealed him as a sleeper cylon before it all goes down.

14. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!

NO MORE BLOODY SLEEPER CYLONS FOR A WHILE!!!!!

If they could guarantee this, I would let you have your "no more Blanders" wish, Dorie.

15. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Ewwwh! they are going to send dead Sharon?!

Good lord that is going to smell :guffaw: :guffaw:

I hope they are sending pegs for everyone :thumbsup:

16. Dorian Thompson

No Blanders! No Blanders! Weeeeee!!! claps happily :) :) :p :guffaw:

17. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

woulden't she know it was a fake-out by the fact that boomer's body is ice cold - being in the morgue.

18. Dorian Thompson

I think she figures it out, yes. From the scar on Boomer's cheek. The body is ice cold. That could be why she ends up shooting Lee when he's trying to negotiate a way out for everyone in the bar, because she's angry about the deception. You're going to deceive me, Adama? Fine, I know exactly how to hit you where it hurts.

19. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Actually, from the spoiler link above, I read that Apollo is already shot before they wheel in G-Boomers body on the medical gurney. She pumps a few rounds into G-Boomers body and then takes a closer look. She then sees the cheek scar and the autopsy "Y" incision. I believe this is when Billy makes a move on one of the gunmen and all hell breaks loose. This is where Billy gets hit from indiscriminate gunfire. His fate is unknow right now....

Q2

20. Dorian Thompson

Really? Hmmmm....that's interesting. I read something about Apollo trying to do something with a hidden environmental control panel, something to do with the oxygen. He and Ellen are arguing in the bathroom of all places about what to do. Maybe (hard to believe, huh? :p ) Ellen does something stupid that exposes what Apollo is doing and that gets him shot. He gets plugged right in the stomach or the chest or something. True, no one has confirmed that Billy dies. Everyone's just assuming.