Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

All of these sound great if true. I haven't been this excited since the 1980s when I was wondering who shot JR!

2. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Well it was uncovered in SQN that Tigh got Caprica-six pregnant! So the final five are able to have kids, so what does this mean for the chief and boomer?

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Hopefully it means that they can give Nicky a little brother or sister. Tigh's a final fiver and Caprica's a regular cylon--same as chief and Boomer. I've always felt so sorry for Boomer. She really got fucked over as royally as any human who lost everything on the colonies.

4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

She shot someone and later, tried to kill a baby. I don't feel very bad for her.

5. Dorian Thompson

She was programmed to shoot Adama. She didn't do it consciously, and she didn't actually kill Hera. Her behavior was coming from the trauma of discovering her entire life wasn't real and that she was part of humanity's enemy. She was wholly rejected by everyone she ever knew and then shot by Cally only to wake up with the enemy. I can't help but sympathize with Boomer.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Boomer was just tired of Caprica Six having the bragging rights on killing babies.

7. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/insights...eason4/410.html

New info at the top for "Revelations":
    -Eick promises us a cliffhanger that will rival the "one year later" from S2
    -Apollo will wonder why he ever wanted to be president, after an OMG! moment 5I suppose saif cliffhanger)
    -The rebel Cylons try to lure the FF out of hiding (we already knew that, apparently they won't let Roslin go)
    -Kara is going to make an important discovery, and all hell breaks loose (the cliffhanger again - I think they will find out what the 13th tribe is called - Cylon!?)
    -"the nature of who those people are is called into question

8. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

9. Dorian Thompson

Bamber has got to be one of the most articulate interviews I've read. I love what he has to say about Mary McDonnell. I wonder what the big Dualla story will be in the second half. Sheesh, I hope Lee and Kara don't end up together when all is said and done. If Lee starts mooning over her again he'll go back to being a doormat. That'll be a tricky proposiiton with him being president.

10. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder...

Hey, it worked for his dad... ;)

11. kipron

Btw, I'm wondering if there's a possibly subtle-spoiler in that interview.

Regarding the concept of playing a Cylon:

Emphasis my own. Hee. :lol:

12. Dorian Thompson

Laura didn't fuck Bill in the middle of the woods on New Caprica then sneak back to the settlement to marry someone else while Bill was still asleep.:p It's a tad different situation.

Seriously, Lee had gotten command of the Pegasus and all the writers could think of for him to do was get fat because Starbuck married someone else. That's extraordinary doormat-itude. I'd hate to see a repeat of that now that he's president of the fleet. :cardie:

13. kipron

^
    Dorian, I see where you're coming from, but in some sense that kind of unyielding passiveness has been a factor in all of Lee's important social dealings.

From Starbuck and Dee, to Bill and Roslin, to his long-dead pregnant fiance, to Romo even, Lee is just this really honest guy who is more often than not a hopeless slave to his own idealism.

It drives him to greatness, but in some sense he's always been a doormat.

Possibly that's just how he learns.

14. Dorian Thompson

Yeah, but him still pining after Starbuck left him alone in the country was the only time I screamed to the television, "Do you need a house to fall on you, Lee?" :p Apparently, he did. That's why I was rather pleased he accepted the presidency even though giving it to Zarek would have been the legal thing to do. He'll be a better president after poor Laura is finally gone.

15. kipron

Alas, it's something to which I can relate. Not the marriage thing, but I do have feelings towards someone who's pretty good at shunning them...

(And of course, I keep going back for more.)

Gods, it's like they're writing this show about us. Can't we just have some forehead aliens already? I mean really. :(

16. Dorian Thompson

They do hit close to home, don't they?

17. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

That interview strongly suggests Dee is the Final Cylon. Why else would there be, "a big Dualla story coming up that will answer all your questions before the end?"

She was never a major character, yet in the final half-season she has a big story that answers all your questions?

That's a big red flag to me.

18. Dorian Thompson

I won't be shocked if it's Dee. The way she's behaved, it makes perfect sense.

19. kipron

Unless that's just what they want us to think. :eek:

20. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Concerning the Dee thing... Adama resigned and left, Tigh is a cylon, Starbuck is suspect, Athena is in the brig, Helo is presumed dead, Gaeta is down in sickbay with one leg, Kelly is in the brig for murder, and Lee left for a political career. This leaves Dee as the only other named officer in the CIC other than Hoshi.

With her estranged husband as the new president, it's possible that this whole storyline is about some sort of power play she tries to pull. Doesn't necessarily have to be anything cylon. I think she's trying to position herself as Lee's Roslin or something and plays her cards wrong. In the scene of the next episode, we see her with President Adama carrying out a pretty important job. She may be there as acting commander.