Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. The Super Brando

The Super Brando Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^This is a spoiler thread, it's ok to post spoilers. :)

2. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Do the spoilers reveal the Final Cylon? I don't mind spoilers, but don't want to be spoiled on that. :techman:

3. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Final Cylon has been kept under wraps Very Tightly. The only thing I know is that the cast was told just prior to the writers strike, and EVERYONE involved in the production had to sign non-diclosure agreements covering many plot points.

4. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

so whats with caprica-six? Has tigh got her pregnant?

5. warriorsfan

warriorsfan Admiral Admiral

The Patriot Resource seems to have been dead-on with their spoilers so far. And they have some HUUUUUUUGE ones for the upcoming episodes:

-Athena dies, probably in Episode 9.

-Kara will find her own dead body in a crashed ship. :eek:

-They find Earth in the midseason two-parter, but nothing is left but ruins. Suffice to say, the Colonials are quite bummed out. :(

6. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Careful, I think the "Athena dies" spoiler is a misinterpretation of an otherwise genuine spoiler. What I think is being referred to (in the original source of the spoiler, which is not the Patriot Resource) is Athena's death and resurrection in "rapture", in season3. Apparently, Athena's memories got shared by many 8s because of this event. There is no indication that Athena dies in ep 8 or ep9, at least not in this particular spoiler.

That about Kara is from another source (was out much earlier) and it sounds like either a foiler or a dream sequence to me. Take note that her original Viper was crushed deep in the atmosphere of a gas giant, so it can hardly be found. If it is true, it should not be about her original Viper (some versions of this rumour talk about a Raptor, not a Viper, anyway).

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. flux_29

^ Or she could die again and be ressurected before the hub is destroyed - like an inside job.

8. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

That could be, but the original source used by the Patriot Resource does not indicate this. In fact, Athena is, according to this source, not involved at all with the attack on the hub (not the succesful attack in ep9 anyway, there may be an earlier attempt in ep8 - this is pure speculation though).

I'm pretty sure this is all a misunderstanding; someone read about "8's having memories of Athena because of her death" in spoilers about "The hub", when the guy who wrote this was thinking about her death in "Rapture" - only, the memories are coming in play only now. Note that Helo is now on the baseship, with a hybrid gone wild and lots of 8s around him. It's probably going to be a bit unsettling to learn just how much they know of him.

9. flux_29

Does it say Sharon, or Athena? if it's sharon it could mean Boomer.

Also from the promo, it looks like Natalie survived the Athena's shots. plus the reason she doen't take part in the attack is shown as well: shes carry'd off to the brig.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  10. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

There is also no indication Boomer dies in ep8 or ep9. The Patriot Resource spoiler, misleading as it may be, is definitely talking about Athena.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The Kara one may be a fan tale as it smacks of old BSG finding Iblis' body in the crashed ship.

Not, that I'm saying it wouldn't work.

12. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm more concerned with Roslin's apparent death. In episode 9 or 10, Roslin tells Adama she loves him, he likewise, nothing physical comes of it mind you, but then episode 11 - which though far off to air has been filmed for a while now - has Adama "grieving" for Roslin. McDonnell also previously indicated she was done shooting by mid-season. :(

13. Kaijima

Kaijima Captain Captain

I could believe Athena dying if a final twist in the model 8 saga is "Boomer" Sharon coming back into the limelight. They honestly just might not want to try and have both Sharons be equally important in the story and create more confusion as to who is the "real" Sharon. Plus I've speculated for a long time that: 1. Boomer will be treated as the "true" Sharon Valari by the end of the series, end-capping her journey in dealing with being a Cylon and 2. Boomer coming back to the fore is necessary to deal with Galen's emotional turmoil once and for all and get him to the end of his arc.

I'm also imagining the prophesy ending up being pretty straight on, with a jump to Earth orbit just as Roslin is dying; what might be especially tragic is if she lives just long enough to see Earth out a viewport with her own eyes, then passes away, but before everyone finds out Earth is in ruins. (If that rumor about Earth pans out.)

14. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Boomer certainly is the true Sharon Valerii (she is the only one who truly believed herself to be that person, it really was her name - for any other 8 it's but an alias, even for Athena when it comes down to it), but whether Athena has to die for that? I hope not and I don't think so. I'm more worried about where they're going with Boomer; since early S3 the writers let her slide more and more toward a slightly evil Cylonness, and without any serious motivation/explanation for that (not a convincing one at least). Before the season, BSG writer Taylor promised that she would be back "big-time" in S4, but they certainly haven't fulfilled this promise so far. I wonder where she will end up, because at present I see no way for her to get back to her human side and the fleet.

Athena is in hot water right now after what she did to Natalie, but those rumours of her death in one of the next 2 episodes are almost certainly false interpretations of a spoiler that referred merely to her earlier "death" in Rapture. She will probably spend some time in the brig now, as I imagine "daddy" Adama will be quite angry with her (also because Roslin is gone with the baseship).

15. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I really miss Boomer, and I miss the way she was written up through "Downloaded." The Boomer we saw during the Temple of Five storyline was a bitchy chick with an attitude problem, who threatened to snap Hera's neck. WTF?! I would really like to see Boomer get more screen time, and I think it would be a crime to not have her reunite with Tyrol, especially given the situation. I'm honestly surprised the writers haven't thrown in moments where the Chief thinks back to finding the Temple of Five, and of his relationship with Boomer (all hints at his true Cylon nature).

16. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Recently Tyrol has been thinking about Boomer though - first when he mentioned she was a sleeper (when Tigh said they wouldn't sabotage the fleet), then after Cally's death. Interestingly, Tyrol has disowned both Boomer and Cally without truly meaning it, both times. Now he's having regrets - about both. I hope the writers are going somewhere with this, but it's kinda hard to get them even to talk while they are at opposing sides in a very bitter war.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  17. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    That would be very appropriate, I think. And very Moses like, since he too led his people to the "Promised Land," but didn't live long enough to enter it himself.

18. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I hope Boomer and the chief get back together.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Some new crunchy spoliery goodness from IO9:

Here's another one from IO9

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  20. that1guy

that1guy Commander Red Shirt