Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread

Yeah it does sound a little out there

2. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Re: Who would have thought....

^Or...maybe the final five can make themselves look like whomever they want to.

3. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Plus two of them (Tori & Anders) are having a "steamy affair". :rolleyes:

4. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't buy Tigh being a Cylon. wtf, he was alive during the first cylon war!

5. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

I was talking to a friend tonight, and we're both hoping this is true. The thought of the NC resistance being comprised of 4 Cylons is kinda mindboggling. But it would fit if the Final 5 are philosophically opposed to the actions of the others.

I suspected Anders was going to be one after he was signed to a contract for S4. Tyrol? Due to him finding the Temple and his reluctance to destroy it. Tori? Never suspected her, but I wouldn't have been surprised. Tigh? That's the only one that doesn't fit. He fought in the war. Could the Final Five have started to infilitrate that early in the pre-series?

Interesting spoilers even if it they turn out to be false.

6. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All of this depends on the nature of who and how the "skin jobs" came to be. We really don't know any of that yet.

I had Tigh pegged as a Cylon after D'Anna applogised to the hood figure.

Sharr

7. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Has D'Anna ever directly met Tigh? I mean, I guess she'd know him as the leader of the New Caprica resistance, but have they ever had a confrontation or even been in the same frame of film together on screen? I think possibly in "Eye of Jupiter" (when the Cylons come aboard), but I can't remember.

8. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd be genuinely annoyed if Tigh turns out to be a Cylon.

9. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tyrol might want to put Nick in super-max daycare before Cally gets wind of this. She is not stable. I sense another neck-snap.

If it turns out they are "cylons", it doesn't necessarily mean the are automatically evil or that they haven't been through genuine emotional struggle these past years. I don't think anyone besides Helo and Baltar have come to terms with that.

I can kinda see Tigh as a cylon. I mean, you can't just plop in a group of 5 essential new characters without some sort of gravitas or charisma to hold them down. At least 1 of the 5 had to be someone high up in the series. (Adama, Roslin, Tigh, Baltar, Zarek kind of people)

10. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

She interviewed him in "Final Cut"

11. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's fun to go over some of the older episodes and retcon these potential spoilers into the story. Read those new rumors, and then watch the beginning of Resistance, hell the whole episode. Changes a lot.

12. Teek

Teek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If they do turn out to be Cylons, I'm wondering if it's something where they "evolved" to the point of giving up their Cylon nature and truly became as human as possible. No more bodies to resurrect into, no more Cylon physiology, etc.. When they left they programmed the remaining Cylons not to think about them. The other humalon Cylons began to figure out what happened and were jealous of them, prompting them to eventually attack the colonies.

You then get the dichotomy where the Final Five want to help humanity, where the others seek to destroy it. To be Cylon and make the most of yourself means you accept the mortality of your existence and give up the perks of being a humanlon.

13. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

well i guess the last one of the five is going to be a woman.

14. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too.

Eick said in an interview at tvguide.com that we'd meet only one of the finale five. Not sure which is telling the truth (this spoiler, or Eick).

15. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Or in Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, when Tyrol gets the all clear from the Cylon Indicator Machine. Then again, he's probably a different kind of Cylon.

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    I don't remember, did Baltar sabatoge the machine to give everyone a human result before that episode, or after? It's been a while since I've seen season one, besides the final arc and the first episode.

17. V

V Commodore Commodore

To my knowledge, Baltar never tested Tyrol using the Cylon Detector. However, I honestly don't think it works on Final Fives.

I have it on good authority that the writers actually consider "The Battlestar Pegasus Flashback DVD Movie" coming out in Fall 2007 to be "episodes 1 and 2" of the 22 episode Season 4. Not "episode 0" like the webisodes.

The first episode in January 2008 is "episode 3".

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I thought he simply was hiding the results so that he wouldn't get killed if Boomer's programming activated when discovered. Never realized he did it to all of them.

I don't think he scanned the Chief though.

19. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. It stands to reason there is only one of each model of this group, and it seems they are "more human" than the others. One would think this would apply to their physical makeup as well. They may well be undetectable, either as a result of their evolution or/and as a means to hide themselves from the other Seven models, given the gulf between the two groups of Cylons.

20. V

V Commodore Commodore

I'm starting to think that even calling Final Fives "Cylons" the same as the Significant Seven, is a stretch. They are more or less as far from Significant Sevens as Significant Sevens are humans.