Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Well, given that there are both implant options that last several years and shots that last several months available to us today, I would guess that a fair number of the military personell as well as a fair number of people in the fleet would be covered for a while. Also, given the nature of their jobs, I would hope that Galactica would have a good supply on hand for the pilots and other personell who simply couldn't perform if they were to become pregnant. I think that they probably have the facilities to manufacture medicine, of which BC would be a prioritiy, at least for those whose continued job performace, like Starbuck, is vital to the survival of the fleet.

As for the civilian population, that might be a different matter. Should be addressed in later episodes, I would hope, along with other issues of life in a refugee fleet, wouldn't you think?

2. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

It says at gateworld that: <span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span> the galactica is threatened by the arrival of two Cylon attack ships - Attack ships, not base stars. New ships? </span><hr /></span>

3. nevermore

^Or just imprecise wording.

4. Keen

Keen Commander Red Shirt

May I be the first to point out that humanity's down to ~50,000? They should lock up all BC and encourage people to reproduce like rabbits!

5. Gattancha

Gattancha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

according to Galactica Station <span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span> the Galactica is being pursued by A Cylon fleet, comprised of two basestars, support ships and a large mothership of unknown purpose have been trailing the fleet -- and detected by Cain and the Pegasus in the 2-parter Pegasus </span><hr /></span>

6. Whizzer

Whizzer Commander Red Shirt

The ship was to be decommisioned(sp?), I would assume that they didn't carry a lot of suplies when the war started.
    I served in the (german) Navy, and while condoms are avaiable in sickbay, if you wanted anything different its your personal responsibility and your own money.

The manufacture of medicine is pretty specific for different kinds of drugs, though. I am no expert, but producing hormon based drugs sounds not that easy.
    If they have some sort of Labratory or science ship, and the necessary knowledge in the fleet, then BC would be a priority.
    However, since Baltar seems to be the resident scientist, and he is always shown on board Galactica I assumed that they had no such ship.
    Oh yes. :vulcan:

7. Whizzer

Whizzer Commander Red Shirt

Well, prohibition rarely works as its supposed to.
    And there would probably be a significant political backlash and perhaps even "condom" riots. ;)
    Besides do they have the resources to deal with a real baby-boom? Babys need a surprisingly large amount of stuff.

8. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually he has to stop a rogue Colonial space probe, and fight the Cylon he left on Ragnor first.

9. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

GAH!!!!! Get rid of the code man, this is a spoilers thread! We don't need no code. ;)

That and your coes for bold and italics don't work in the spoiler code at all. Looks rather funny.

10. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Just thought I'd jump in and remind folks that there is a video-blog up on SciFi's Galactica web site for this weeks episode "Final Cut". Might be "old news", but I don't remember seeing it discussed. Shows some behind the scenes stuff with EJO and Lucy Lawless and quite possibly some mild spoilers. Still cannot get use to Lucy being a blond... :wtf:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/bts/videoblog/

Q2UnME

edited to add link

11. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, but she looks good as a blonde :thumbsup:

12. dllmzca

dllmzca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love this idea of a one-stop Spoiler thread, SJ! No need for black bars, and all this yummy spoiler-goodness! :thumbsup:

BTW, has there been any more about Lawless's character turning out to be a Cylon? :eek:

13. nevermore

And the new video blog is up too, with Kutzel (man, I'm inawe of hat guy's mullett!). Not a lot of spoilers in it, but I'm too lazy to start a new thread...

14. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like we might have a title for 212 (which I like).

I was just looking for something on imdb and came across this in the guest casting list for BSG.

"Resurrection Ship" Episode: #2.11 - January 2006
    Luciana Carro .... Kat
    Michelle Forbes .... Admiral Nelena Cain
    Kirsten Williamson .... Pilot

"Epiphanies" Episode: #2.12
    David Richmond-Peck .... Naylin Stans

I know imdb isn't always reliable but ...

15. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

You are going to want to see this ;)

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/2166/2/

It's a link to a video interview with a few of the cast, there are some spoilers regarding the Pegasus and a certain controversial spoiler is mentioned here as well ;)

Enjoy :devil:

16. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

great stuff.

17. FluffyUnbound

FluffyUnbound Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could the "resurrection ship" be the ship that the Cylons "fly back to" when they die, to be implanted into another body?

Although they kind of messed with my head on the whole "wake up in a new body" thing, when right after Simon died he walked around the corner and talked to Starbuck again, about ten seconds later. He obviously was in his new body and dressed and ready to go in no time flat. So he couldn't have "flown" anywhere, really. [Unless, of course, multiple Simons were interacting with Starbuck at "the farm", and it only appeared to be one Simon from her perspective. Ack, I'm so confused!]

18. FluffyUnbound

FluffyUnbound Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Starbuck has no kills on the board and looks like an idiot when she gets transferred to the Pegasus? I love it!

Although she could always ask the other pilots how many Humanocylons they defeated in hand-to-hand combat.

19. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

Apollo and Starbuck become "newbies?"
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you'd think Apollo would get more "respect" from the Pegasus crew since he's Adama's son. And Starbuck will just punch anyone who calls her an idiot. This episode should be fun to watch.

I'll also interested in this new Cylon ship that's bigger than a basestar. Have they given a name for it yet, other than "really big, mysterious ship"? :confused:

20. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't like the idea of a ship larger than the Basestar. It screams of cheesy Trekish writing. Let's go and make a new cool-wowzie ship each week!!! On the other hand, the Pegasus storyline sounds interesting. I just hope the destroy it before too long.

*EDIT*

One other concern is the incessant need to pair up Starbuck and Apollo. This could easily degrade into TOS bullshit where they loose the realism and revert back to the 70's formula of having those two back-to-back. It might even destory the characters and their unique intereaction with TNS.